Format: PaperbackChange

on 28 March 2015
Bought this for a family member who was undertaking the Birkbeck certificate for life sciences who had never studied chemistry beyond GCSEs. I would recommend this book for the certificate or a science access course as it explains key concepts concisely and clearly.
on 4 February 2015
I am currently taking a gap year after finishing sixth form before studying chemistry at university. I am working through this book during my time off and I think it's great! It is aimed at exactly the right level for my knowledge.
on 8 December 2015
A really great Chemistry book for A level or pre-University courses. Covers all the information of organic, inorganic and physical Chemistry. Well explained. The design is excellent. it is the best designed chemistry book I have ever seen. All procedures and diagram are well presented. This makes it for me interesting to read not like others where I just feel like I am reading a phone book. Definitely would recommend it. Still using it in my Chemistry degree to look up some basics.
on 30 October 2013
I haven't finished it yet but I like it so far.

I'm a physicist slowly teaching myself some chemistry that I haven't covered through the physics side.

This is a good book covering the basics so far and it ticks the box. I'm sure there are tons of books at this lower level that do the same job.

I was looking for ~A level+ type coverage that doesn't patronise too much...this works for me.
on 12 September 2014
This book was recommended by a Tutor and I read some positive reviews before buying but I am pretty much sat on the fence regarding it. Perhaps others may find it good
on 1 July 2014
Just what I needed excellent book delivery and service high quality standard 10 out of 10

yours sincerely

Mr Fraser E Jackson
on 11 January 2015
Found it useful when I was stuck on topics; helped me understand the subject better.
Good for A-Level and for basic degree reading.
on 18 May 2014
Got this for my first year undergrad studies, it's content is a bit wordy and layout not that brilliant, still a great resource to own
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 November 2013
This is a good book, clear, informative, and well-written. I would recommend it for other students teachers alongside other books.
on 19 December 2014