on 12 November 2014
Great book, good price thank you.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 June 2009
This book helped me through my first year supplementing my lessons, but as a previous review stated extra reading is required. The only problem is that there isn't one for A2 I need in September!
11 comment2 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 October 2015
Needed literature.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 April 2009
Heywood does certainly seem to have a knack for explaining the "Essentials" of the UK's political system in an clear and concise way.

There is a great deal of infomation in this book, probably enough to earn any half bright pupil a B/C grade at A-Level; dont be fooled into thinking this will arm a student with enough infomation- extra reading is certainly required.

The problem is that it often quite generic in the arguements that it puts fowardn (when discussing for example the extent to which the UK is democratic), there is little that one could not think of themselves, nor anything that is likely to provoke high level debate.

The only other problem with the book is that is often strains to explain points in lots of detail, when these points are very wishy-washy in their conception.

Otherwise a great tool for AS Government and Politics.
11 comment2 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 November 2013
Has everything you need and you can't complain about the quality of a book when it costs 1p! The content is excellent and the book is no more than well thumbed, perfectly intact.
on 11 April 2010
While this book provides a student with a solid framework, it is worth noting that this publication is not sufficient for the purposes of achieving top grades. I used this book at AS alongside a number of other books, and while this book covers the key aspects of each topic, it omits to explore some areas in greater depth. Despite its flaws, it remains essential reading for any AS student. I managed to achieve an A (100%) in my AS politics exams, and I doubt that I would have been able to were it not for this core text.
11 comment0 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 May 2012
Most reasonable, arrived most promptly, packaged well, not a single notation of error. I was most pleased and would purchase a product woth you again.
on 19 September 2013
I need this book for school to do my a levels with, and it says it has delivered when it hasn't. I'm still awaiting my package.
on 10 November 2010
Bought for my son for his AS Level Politics coursework. Just what he needed. Happy with the book and the purchase.