4.0 out of 5 stars Longer than necessary, but very useful
If like me your lecturers constantly tell you that you need to "critically analyse" but don't actually tell you how to do it, this book will be very useful!

It gives you examples of the difference between describing and analysing and also has tests for you to check you understand each concept. There are also examples of how to write essays and when to use...
Published on 14 Aug 2006 by Yorksteve

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
turgid
Published 13 days ago by Dr Sherin Jackson

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent resource, 1 Jan 2010
Mrs. Angela Perez (Yorkshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have really found this book an excellent resource. However, I wish that I'd found it sooner, as I would have been better prepared for my current course of study, if I'd read it before I started the course! I particularly found the chapter on how to develop a critical argument useful. I only wish it had been available for my previous degree! Would highly recommend!....

4.0 out of 5 stars Critical Thinking, 22 Feb 2011
Well worth the purchase price and an excellent companion for any one thinking of taking on an acedemic course that requires serious attention. This book will help you develop the need to think critically and objectively and to question what you have read before you write anything.

4.0 out of 5 stars Review of 'critical thinking skills', 6 April 2010
This book provides clear advice and guidance to developing the required skills to 'critical thinking'. It is a very useful reference tool for higher education students who are expected to write at level 6 and 7. Full of useful exercises and written in an uncomplicated style. This really is an excellent study guide!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good book, 2 Jan 2009
Helga (Paphos, Cyprus) - See all my reviews
Easy to follow, progressive and real work-book style presentation. Not enough space for dotting down notes. I can not understand the reason for presenting the text in blue. Rest seems good...i still need to have a go at all of the content.

4.0 out of 5 stars Must have., 14 Feb 2011
I recently purchased this book to improve and apply critical thinking in my reading and writing. As a mature student, returning to studies, this book has been fantastic and so easy to read and understand. My regret is that I wish I had found this at the beginning of my studies not towards my last year.

4.0 out of 5 stars Critical Thinking Skills, 8 Nov 2009
Easy to read and understand. Has exercises to make you aware of your current analytical skills and how they can be improved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always open your mind to new thoughts, 9 Oct 2009
Akaur - See all my reviews
No matter what you think may know always be available to learn new things, and thats what this book gave me additional tools to add, its not difficult read but engaging . thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Well set out., 20 May 2012
D. Wragg "Dawggg" (UK) - See all my reviews
This well set out book is good for both personal use and for teachers looking to bring new ideas in to class for developing there students skills.

4.0 out of 5 stars Critical Thinking Skills, 5 Mar 2012
This review is from: Critical Thinking Skills: Developing Effective Analysis and Argument (Palgrave Study Skills) (Paperback)
Academia thinking skills are very different from everyday ways so this book really helped to adjust to that mode especially in formulating arguments.

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, 24 Oct 2011
this book was recommended to by my tutor and its really amazing easy to read and understand. I had hard time to think critically lool but this book helps a lot and I recommend this book to every critical mind. The orange cover is lovely and you can miss it at all.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›