5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Panic, 15 Oct 2010
This review is from: Planning Your PhD (Pocket Study Skills) (Paperback)
This little book should have "Don't Panic" in large, friendly letters on its front. It is a very approachable guide to what is (from the outside) a pretty inscrutable topic. That's not to say it doesn't ask tough questions such as "Why do a PhD at all?" but it leads the reader, an apprentice researcher in some ways, through the basics of doctoral study, from choosing a University and getting to know your supervisor right through to research plans, writing and publication. I wish it had been around in the 1980s when I browsed and floundered through my first ideas for research - and I expect my supervisors would have been grateful, too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 24 Jan 2014
This review is from: Planning Your PhD (Pocket Study Skills) (Paperback)
I was freaking out about an interview for a PhD, I read this book it gave me a sound simple framework with which to plan my Q&A, it made me think deeply about how I needed to structure my arguments in my noodle so I wouldnt waffle and blow it. I got a place. nuff said.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome tips, 2 Sep 2013
This review is from: Planning Your PhD (Pocket Study Skills) (Paperback)
This is a brief and explicit little book with great ideas,information and pictorial demonstration that is useful for any Ph.D. student.
I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but perfectly formed, 10 Feb 2014
This review is from: Planning Your PhD (Pocket Study Skills) (Paperback)
This is a great little book, packed with practical advice and guidance suitable for prospective PhD students and those embarking on their studies

Planning Your PhD (Pocket Study Skills)
Planning Your PhD (Pocket Study Skills) by Victoria Rowe (Paperback - 21 July 2010)
5.81