5.0 out of 5 stars Great statistics book :-), 27 April 2011
This review is from: Statistics in Psychology: Explanations without Equations (Paperback)
I found this book great as an introduction to understanding the different statistics used in Psychology and would recommend it to anyone studying Psychology. As the title suggests, it is the explanations without the slightly scary equations and set out in a clear and digestible way, with easy to read examples and clear outputs illustrating what to expect from SPSS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book for Psychology Undergraduates, 14 April 2014
I bought this book when studying for my Psychology undergraduate degree to help me understand what I thought to be the more complex side of Psychology. Having not had much experience with statistics previous to studying Psychology at university I found this book to be invaluable in my studies. The information in this book is presented in small easy to read chapters with a small summary at the end of each chapter making this a really easy book to understand. Unlike other textbooks I have used this one is written without all the complex jargon usually featured in psychology books. This book was not only helpful in increasing my understanding throughout the year but also when it came to revision. I would 100% recommend this book for anyone looking to study a psychology undergraduate degree, or any other degree which features stats!

5.0 out of 5 stars Still using well into 3rd year!, 7 April 2014
Excellent book! Very well written and clear. Has been a saviour at many times throughout my degree.

Would definitely recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 2 April 2014
Such a student-friendly book, it really helped me to understand statistics in my first year, which has benefitted me greatly throughout my degree! The books layout is really clear and easy to follow - especially useful when getting to grips with SPSS. Really recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for Level 1 - and still useful for Level 2 !, 30 Sep 2012
Bought this last year to help me get over the shock of having to do so much stats! Worked like a charm, and got me through it all with no probs. Now I've started Year Two, I find I'm already dipping into it to help make sense of a lot of the level 2 stuff. Totally recommend it to anyone starting their psych degree (and to hold on to it for Year 2, too!).

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have!, 10 May 2012
This book is definitely a must have for anyone looking to study research and design analysis at university level. It is easy to follow and takes every effort to explain statisical analysis in a non-numerical fashion making it understandable and the examples given, digestable. I would thoroughly recommend it, it has given me confidence in sitting my exams and passing them well!

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 29 April 2012
None of the bulked explanations you find in the larger statistics books. Especially useful when trying to work my way through the tests on SPSS giving a concise explanation of how the tests work without the nasty equations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little book, 25 Oct 2011
This book is a must for all students of psychological research who want to understand the statistics behind the research. It is written in a pleasing way enabling easy understanding of complex issues that often scare students. If you want an in-depth, equation-led book then don't buy this one. However, if you want a book that will help you understand statistics that is written in a plain, non-jargon filled language then I can't recommend this one highly enough (and you don't need the muscles of Popeye to carry it - ladies, it will fit in your handbag!)

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for all psychology students!, 1 Sep 2011
This fantastic book is an essential read for anyone studying psychology. Easy to understand and without the complicated equations found in most other statistics texts, it makes the entire subject seem far less daunting. Real-life examples keep it fun and interesting, and I found I could relate to most of the subject matter as a result of this.

I wish this book had been written when I was in my first year of psychology as it is much easier to digest than any of the books I had access to at the time. As it is, I find myself referring to it throughout my Msc as the explanations are still so helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars One stop shop for an entire Psychology module, 3 Jun 2011
This book is really the only book you need for RDA in Psychology. Other books for this module simply do not measure up. Written in a friendly manner, but fully explanatory at the same time. With small quizzes throughout and real life examples, this books makes the seemingly frightening RDA manageable and interesting. If its not a required book for your course it should be! Hope this was helpful, and good luck in your course!

ARRAY(0xb3663138)

Statistics in Psychology: Explanations without Equations
Statistics in Psychology: Explanations without Equations by Dr Stephen Jones (Paperback - 15 Sep 2010)
12.41