Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 August 2001
This book has been essential for me in my studies. It has helped with my assignments and made some of the issues discussed in Uni easier to grasp.
I really would recommend this book to social work students.
on 6 September 2005
We loved this book. Both my partner (trainee social worker) and myself (trainee probation officer) found this book invaluble. It is really easy to read and contains loads of quotes and info which you can use in ethics-type essays as well as info on various theories within social work. Also good for reflective essays and continuing professional development portfolios.
Also the title reads 'social work' it contains many of the debates and issues raised on the BA Community Justice course
on 1 September 2013
This is a good book for social workers as it outlines the past present and future of this role.
It is a debatable book as the title implies themes, issues and critical debates.
I have not read the book in-depth as yet as my course will be starting in the next two weeks , so I am trying to read ahead.
For a second hand book it was good quality as I have not seen any marking.
I also got the book soon after purchase. Well done.
on 8 April 2011
A really comprehensive approach to comtemporary Social Work.
I am a 1st year MA student and it is easily understood, accessible, and has great depth for my course.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 October 2015
This book made a truly great read! It fills your mind with questions and understanding about social work and what issue are within the field of work.
on 7 November 2014
Good read, easy to understand and lots of examples of situations to apply methods and theories though I have still got a long read ahead
on 9 November 2011
I bought this at the beginning of my Social Work degree on the recommendation of one my lecturers. Originally I bought it to help with an essay on the history of social work, however it actually reads fairly easily and contains so much information that I think everyone coming into SW should know.

At times it become a bit heavy and I was not particularly interested in a lot of the history of SW in other countries, but there is a lot of information here and if you are looking for things to add to your reading list I would put this near the top!
on 2 June 2014
I am very happy with the book it was delivered within the time stated and no problems it will come in very useful
on 16 December 2015
Excellent, quick delivery, as described A*
on 25 November 2014