Format: Hardcover|Change

on 11 May 2013
This is a low-level introductory text suitable for first-year undergraduates and those with no previous experience with humanitarian supply chains. Professionals already in the industry are likely to find it too basic to be useful and would be better off reading any of the other academic papers written by these authors. (Just search for the authors' names on scholar.google.com and you'll find them.)

Even with very little background, this is a quick and easy read. It's a good first step towards understanding supply chains in general and humanitarian supply chains in specific because it does a good job of introducing the basic terminology and some of the bigger players.
on 31 December 2009
What a pointless book. I can't guess who might benefit from reading it. I have worked briefly as a logistician in the humanitarian sector (now I work in a different role), and I found this book to be so utterly basic and devoid of any relevant, interesting or useful information that I am quite upset that it has been put into print under the promising title 'humanitarian logistics'. Sorry authors; massive thumbs down. What are you doing?