5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide for students
Published on 19 Oct 2010 by Mr. A. C. Thorne

3.0 out of 5 stars Its OK
This book didn't really live up to the hype for me. It covered very similar ground as its sister book "how to get a first". Therefore it is a bit of a redundant purchase as How to get a First was much more comprehensive.
Published 21 months ago by Haggarstuff

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide for students, 19 Oct 2010
Mr. A. C. Thorne (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: How to Use your Reading in your Essays (Palgrave Study Skills) (Paperback)
Like other titles in the Palgrave Study Skills range, this provides timely and user friendly information for students at FE and HE level. I recommend this guide to all my students even if they are already quite adept in using their reading in assignments. It quite simply makes for them getting better marks and my job in marking their work a far more pleasurable and positive experience. Nobody likes to get a referral on their work, but students who didn't get this point yet, lecturers don't like giving referrals.

4.0 out of 5 stars indespensible, 31 Oct 2010
I am currently in my 3rd year doing a foundation degree i wish i had known about this earlier to help get better marks a great buy and easy accessible definitely worth buying

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book, 27 Mar 2013
This book is very good for referencing advice when writing essays and assignments. It tells you where to put a reference and how to cite in text.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its OK, 6 Nov 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent and very user-friendly aid to learning, 26 Nov 2012
I was very impressed by Jeanne Godfrey's book. As a teacher of academic skills, I have recommended it to all of my students. It is written in a non-academic way to be accessible to all levels and nationalities of students and has extremely useful models, examples and appendices. This book is a must for any skills teacher and any student from A-level upwards. If you want to improve your reading and writing skills, buy this book now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow how handy is this, 19 Mar 2013
This book is brilliant if like me you struggle with referencing your essays and with quotes. It is so useful, I am now able to select useful appropriate reading for my essays and use the sources correctly. Needed for university students.

5.0 out of 5 stars Serve the purpose, 15 Feb 2013
I needed a book that will help me use my readings in my uni essays.
This book is giving me answers to my problems.
I will recommend to all .
It does the job perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Informative, 4 Feb 2013
Ms. R. Hawthorne "educating mother" (London, England UK) - See all my reviews
This book is very helpful in my essay writing for Uni. It has helped me to use my words more effectively...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 2 Dec 2009
Excellent explanations and examples are given in a user-friendly way. A must for students of all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, 27 Sep 2011
Nice book! The paper of this book is high quality. And the content of this book is organised and useful for international student to pick up the reading and writing skill. Nice!

How to Use your Reading in your Essays (Palgrave Study Skills)
How to Use your Reading in your Essays (Palgrave Study Skills) by Jeanne Godfrey (Paperback - 2 Jun 2009)
Used & New from: 2.66