5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best!
A fabulous book teaching children about the disadvantages of 'fibbing' - and how the smallest fibs can grow and grow. A harmless finish with nothing startling and no 'lectures' on the morals of the story. Recommended for every household. Perhaps a little long, but you can easily skip a few pages for the smaller children initially! A definite favourite in my household.
Published on 17 Jun 2002 by Amanda Hyatt

3.0 out of 5 stars My son loves it.... but Daddy loathes it....
I purchased this book as my son really enjoyed Jill Murphy's other books (Peace at Last, Whatever Next). The illustrations are excellent.... but the extreme repetition is quite painful and promotion of blatant porkies is less appealing (Hey the mother even consolidates it at the end!!). Well no doubt your child will love it as ours did, just be warned of mind numbing...
Published on 11 Oct 2010 by I. S. Jolly

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best!, 17 Jun 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars good story, 7 Oct 2009
Ms. V. Owens - See all my reviews
This review is from: On The Way Home (Paperback)
hi, got this book for my little girl who is 2, she really likes the story and she remembers all of the childrens names,its helping her to like books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 8 Jan 2012
This review is from: On The Way Home (Paperback)
Great book, very entertaining book, all children will love it. My 5 year old wants to read it every day.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful book, 24 Sep 2011
This review is from: On The Way Home (Paperback)
I remember reading this book when I was about 8 years old. I would curl up with my mum at storytime and listen to my mum tell me the story of the little girl with the great imagination.
Now the parent myself, finding this book has been very worthwhile, as my daughter loves this story and remembers each and every story the little girl invented in the book. Jill Murphy is a very inspirational children's writer, whom I have enjoyed and will continue to do so!

5.0 out of 5 stars reminder of own childhood, 16 Aug 2011
This review is from: On The Way Home (Paperback)
Brilliant book that I remember from school. It's exactly as I remembered. A little girl whose story about her grazed knee gets more and more elaborate and great for kid's imagination. Lovely illustrations too. Love sharing it all over again with my own children

5.0 out of 5 stars imagary, 5 Sep 1999
By A Customer
since I was the age 5 this was my favouite book it still is at the age 18.it lets you use your imagation and create your own world and it has little short adventures check it out it is a great book.amelia

5.0 out of 5 stars Book, 31 May 2014
This review is from: On The Way Home (Paperback)
I bought this book for my grand daughter she loved the story very much, well worth the money, would recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: On The Way Home (Paperback)
We loved reading this book together. You can really act it out, making reading so much fun. This is a book your children will enjoy over and over again. I can't recommend Jill Murphy enough for young children

5.0 out of 5 stars The kids love this book, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: On The Way Home (Paperback)
I would recommend this book. Claire tells tall stories which my grandchildren love, and can relate to, as soon as I read the last page they all shout "read it again".

5.0 out of 5 stars Book is great fun, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: On The Way Home (Paperback)
We bought this when our son was three and he loved it from day one. He liked it so much that we bought it as a gift for someone else since.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

On The Way Home
On The Way Home by Jill Murphy (Paperback - 6 July 2007)
5.24