4.0 out of 5 stars A charming tale and long term favourite
A beautifully conceived and illustrated book with a charming tale of a bear's adventure at bathtime. The use of 'noise' words brings the tale to life. Black and white drawings on the text pages face beautiful full colour pictures opposite adding to the story. It has become a tale we know by heart and yet never dread as it is selected frequently. The quality of the...
Published on 9 July 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Whatever Next!
This is another good book by Jill Murphy. I would give it 5/10 as it is not
on a par with 'The Last Noo Noo' I would give that 9/10 & Highly recommend it.
This is quite a good read and a decent bedtime story.
Published on 28 Jan 2011 by T. Gussmann

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant ..., 25 Sep 2009
R. Whincup (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Whatever Next! (Paperback)
My little boy has loved this book since he was 1, and his enthusiasm shows no signs of diminishing (he's now 4 1/2). His imagination is really captured by Baby Bear's adventure.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 10 May 2009
Mrs. W. J. Calvesbert (Cornwall) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Whatever Next! (Hardcover)
My daughter loved this book 20 years ago, she would read it to herself sitting on the stairs at the age of 2, she is now 22 and I am buying the book for my grandaughter. I am lucky to know Jill Murphy she is a lovely lady, very funny and hopefully lots more stories yet to be told. Thank you Jill for giving me 'Five Minutes Peace'

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 24 Nov 2008
Ms. V. M. Murray "From the UK" (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
My Two year old daughther cannot get enough of this book.

The CD consists of two tracks - the story and the opportunity for your child to join in by turning the pages herself (indicated by the narrator).

I highly recommend this book and since she received this as a gift I have been looking for similar books to entertain her.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for the book shelf, 2 Nov 2008
This review is from: Whatever Next! (Paperback)
My two year old son has loved this for some time. It's a must have book. It's one to read time and time again. It also encourages role play as he loves to pretend that he is off to the moon just like baby bear.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic with good reason, 18 Sep 2007
ELH Browning "Esther-Lou" (Kingston Bagpuize, Oxon) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Whatever Next! (Paperback)
Baby bear's rocket looks surprisingly like a cardboard box, his space-boots like wellies, his space-helmet like a colander, and so fully prepared to visit the moon, he zooms up the chimney. He befriends a passing owl and they picnic on the moon. He's pretty filthy after his travels so it's lucky that he is back for bath time. The story is wonderfully reflective of the imaginative games real children play, and the mess they get into. It's very simple with only a sentence or two per page, so perfect from it is perfect from 18 months. There's also light hearted humour, for example Mrs Bear says "look at the state of you. Why you look as if you've been up the chimney" and of course we know he has! The illustrations are lovely and used to great effect: full colour on each right-hand page, and the left hand pages have either black ink drawing on white page for inside or a striking white on a black page when Baby Bear is out adventuring in the night sky. Personally, I recommend you buy this Bear family book before Peace at Last because the story line is more original. If you have a cardboard box handy, be prepared for some space travel!

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit uni-dimensional, 5 Oct 2006
Dr. H. Payne - See all my reviews
This review is from: Whatever Next! (Paperback)
This is a good story to read with your child when there's a spare cardboard box in the house as a stimulant to creative play. Baby bear in the story uses his cardboard box as a rocket to go on a quick adventure before bathtime. And that's about it really. This feels like one of those children's books where there are a lot of words and not very much said. I felt that the book was rather disappointing compared to Jill Murphy's successful "Peace at Last".

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 18 Jun 2011
N. Begum - See all my reviews
This review is from: Whatever Next Big Book (Paperback)
This is my one of my favourite children story! My kids loved it! the book suggests excellent ideas for activities at the back!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 15 Jun 2009
Free Spirit "shilo115" (North Wales, GB) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Whatever Next! (Paperback)
This is a lovely childrens book, beautifully illustrated and a great story too. My children have loved this book for years and I enjoy reading it to them, I never get fed up with the story (an important factor for parents when choosing childrens books!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Still love it, 26 Feb 2008
This review is from: Whatever Next! (Paperback)
Well my kids are now 12 and 10 but we still find ourselves quoting from this book. Colanders cannot be used without reference to the book. One of the best. I still have our copy, and will not part with it. Hopefully one day there'll be grandkids...

5.0 out of 5 stars My partners favourite childhood book., 27 Oct 2009
LM Pickup - See all my reviews
This review is from: Whatever Next! (Paperback)
A fabulous book that brought back to my partner many happy memories of reading during childhood, a must buy purchase for him to share with our baby bump.

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›

Whatever Next!
Whatever Next! by Jill Murphy (Paperback - 6 July 2007)
5.24