5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Outstanding!, 21 Nov 2010
This review is from: Wolves: Behavior, Ecology and Conservation (Paperback)
Where do I start? Firstly when this book arrived I was shocked at the thickness of the book also by the amount of text they had fit onto each page. It showed me straight away that the writer was serious about providing valuable information and not some general wish washy picture book. Once I started reading I was hooked, feeding my brain on every little detail of the contents of the book. It covers so much and for someone like me, a person which a passion for Wolves and hoping to one day become part of the conservation efforts, I found it the ultimate resource! This book should certainly be read, you certainly won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 14 Oct 2009
Ms. Briony C. Edwards (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wolves: Behavior, Ecology and Conservation (Paperback)
For anyone who loves wolves and wants a simple read that sums up the life of a wolf, don't buy this book. This book is perfect for myself, someone studying conservation in uni, because it's so incredibly indepth! It's the best book I've got on wolves and ecology... it's really fantastic and not a light read. But, if you were to own this for educational purposes, I'd read a few pages before bed... because, if you're like me, you'll dream about the wolves in their habitat. Best book, by far, for me.
Hope this helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars GReat book for all, 19 Sep 2013
This review is from: Wolves: Behavior, Ecology and Conservation (Paperback)
A volume supposed to be a technical guide for animal behaviourists and ecologists, is in reality a very easy and enjoyable book for everyone.
I used it as reference text for my studies, but I have to admit that I spent more than one evening reading it out of pure personal interest.
From wolves' history to their behaviour, from pharmacology to human-animal conflicts and management, this is one of those books capable to share a light on myths and legends and inform the public about issues of public interest.
Wolves are a keystone species in our world, and fundamental for a proper restoration of environmental biodiversity, but it is imperative to address the matter knowing all the facts in order to avoid mistakes that could cost us a great deal in terms of cohabitation, mutual respect and understanding.
A really great book for wolves' lovers and a even more amazing book for wolves' detractors and for all the people who mistakenly fear these incredibly complex and intelligent animals.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE Wolf Book for Biologists, 11 April 2013
g (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wolves: Behavior, Ecology and Conservation (Paperback)
I'm studying animal behaviour at uni and specialising in wolves, there is a lot of information out there, some good some back, and the godfathers of Wolf Biology Mech & Boitani collate it together in a fantastic book, which has everything you ever needed to know about wolves.

Its been a godsend through my dissertation, and its a joy to read. Although useful for the scientific community, the sections are not full of scary-science speak and have been edited brilliantly so that they flow like a book, meaning anyone with an interest in wolves can enjoy them.

A MUST for anyone with a healthy interest in wolves, for most it will be the only wolf book you will need. Well worth the money

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 9 Mar 2012
This review is from: Wolves: Behavior, Ecology and Conservation (Paperback)
Book in excellent condition when it arrived, arrived promptly and the contents is very informative and interesting. Relevant for research on my university course.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 21 Dec 2013
This review is from: Wolves: Behavior, Ecology and Conservation (Paperback)
It is rare to find such an informative book on Wolves. A must read for anyone interested in the Wolf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book!, 18 Dec 2013
This review is from: Wolves: Behavior, Ecology and Conservation (Paperback)
I was really pleased with this book, it is bigger than I expected and packed with loads of info though I've not had the chance to read it all. Great book though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 1 Dec 2013
This review is from: Wolves: Behavior, Ecology and Conservation (Paperback)
Only read the first two chapters and all ready learnt so much. I have recently done some work experience with wolves and I'm so glad I bought this before I went, as I had such a better understanding about these gorgeous creatures. Still lots to read but was advised to read it by all the staff and gives a lot of good information about captive and wild wolves.

ARRAY(0xaa481ce4)

Wolves: Behavior, Ecology and Conservation
Wolves: Behavior, Ecology and Conservation by Luigi Boitani (Paperback - 2 Feb 2007)
21.00