4.0 out of 5 stars Some worthwhile 4-star advice!
I got a lot out of this book, particularly with regard to the overall title of my proposed book, chapter sub-headings and detailed revision. I thought it could have done with a bit more on revision, and the writer could have edited down the early chapters - we seemed to take a long while to begin to get to the point.

But I enjoyed his very direct style and his...
Published 18 months ago by David John Young

3.0 out of 5 stars a bit repetitive
Quick read (it is very short).
The book makes a couple of interesting points about how to edit your book. Yet, paradoxically, for a book that insists on revision, I found the book itself a bit too repetitive, as if the author did not really have the time to revise it properly himself.
Published on 20 May 2010 by E. Lugli

3.0 out of 5 stars a bit repetitive, 20 May 2010
E. Lugli - See all my reviews
Quick read (it is very short).

4.0 out of 5 stars Some worthwhile 4-star advice!, 7 April 2013

But I enjoyed his very direct style and his grown-up approach to the reader/writer, and I'm a lot more enthusiastic than I was about my revising!

From Dissertation to Book (Chicago Guides to Writing, Editing and Publishing)
Used & New from: £24.95