on 28 November 2013
It's about the life of a bumblebee research, that may sound obscure but the wit and enthusiasm of the writer carries you along. It is nice to find that some scientists find bumblebees as cute as i do. I enjoyed this book and i am glad to say that i now know a lot more about these fascinating and important insects.
on 10 June 2015
Superb. Interesting, informative, moving and very sad; it will change your view of the natural world. It has made me into a bee nerd and changed the way I look at the countryside and plant in my garden as well as sending me on a quest to find out much more. A must for anyone who cares a bit about the environment.
on 19 September 2014
I bought this book for my husband as a Birthday present and he loved it. He read quite a bit of it to me. The book is beautifully written. Its informative but also very amusing. In fact we both enjoyed the book so much that we joined the Bumble Bee Conservation Trust, which the author originally set up.
on 24 December 2014
Really enjoyable read. Written in a very down to earth, easy to understand and funny style, but also very informative. I learned a lot about bumblebee behaviour, ecology and conservation, along with details of Dave Goulson's research (both personal and PhD's he has supervised). Highly recommended read.
on 19 October 2014
An excellent read for anyone interested in bumblebees, their welfare and those concerned in their conservation. It is both a serious look at the problems they face and also the highs and lows of trying to study them. Written in a style that is both entertaining and gets its point across.
on 17 November 2013
Absolutely wonderful, funny, charming, touching, informative book. Could not put it down. Now I have a little insight into what the amazingly busy creatures in my garden are up to. I shall cherish the book and the bumble bees. Just off to put in some nectar plants to give them a treat.
on 30 July 2014
An absolutely fantastic book. It makes you see bumble bees in a very different light. I'd recommend this to anyone interested in finding out more about these fascinating beasties. It would be so useful to have an index so that you can find those little gems of knowledge more easily.
on 4 April 2015
This is such and amazing book. Well written, easy and entertaining to read and packed with information about bumblebees. I ended up buying another copy for a friend as I didn't want to share my copy! Next on my list of reads is the follow up "Buzz In The Meadow"
This is wonderful book.

It is written in a warm, engaging, innocent, tongue in cheek and totally compelling manner.

It is full of facts about Bumblebees.

It is a joy to read, I cannot recommend this fabulous book highly enough
on 12 December 2013
I listen to BBC's Radio 4 and Radio 4 Extra on the internet everyday. I love their stories, book abridgement readings, book reviews, author reviews etc. They always have the newest books that are just out., then I know if I want to read the book, etc.