5.0 out of 5 stars Time to get out the tupperware!
This is a very well written and researched book. It covers the often overlooked meal that is lunchtime. It sets out to try and re-invigorate the lunchtime menu throughout all workplaces. It is a delightful book to read with some humorous quiffs and some clever tips and tricks to both improve and inspire your lunch while saving your a few bob while you're at it...
Published 10 months ago by Seán Óg

1.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculous book
I can only think that the reviews on here are from the authors friends and family as this is a ridiculous book. Most lunch plans need to be cooked in the morning before work, "it only takes 22 minutes," say the authors. What normal person has time for that every morning.
Another suggestion is that sandwiches are wrapped in greaseproof paper and secured with...
Published 9 months ago by Jan

5.0 out of 5 stars Time to get out the tupperware!, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Little Book of Lunch (Hardcover)

The book itself is broken down into the following chapters:
1. Wholesome and healthy
2. Indulgent and decadent
3. When you are chained to your desk
4. Foraging: the corner of the cupboard and the back of the fridge
5. Cooking the night before
6. Giving leftovers a new lease of life
7. Bribing colleagues with sweet treats

It also helps with the shopping list. It lays out a menu for the week and then gives you the shopping list you would need to make those recipes in that week. These include:

1. Vegetarian
2. Exotic
3. Healthy
4. When Winter Sustenance is Needed
5. Thrifty Lunches for the Week before Pay Day
6. The Minimum of Fuss
7. Mediterranean Style
8. Embracing Al Fresco Lunching

I cannot recommend this book highly enough for the person who is tired of the same old ham and cheese sandwich day in day out or for those who would normally just pop out to a shop and buy something soggy and uninteresting. You will never go back, I promise you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not just for the office, 6 May 2014
This review is from: The Little Book of Lunch (Hardcover)
Neat concept, great range of ideas, warmly and wittily written and beautifully photographed. Some great ideas for us home workers too plus my daughter at uni with only a tiny, crummy kitchen at her disposal and 4 kitchen implements to her name. I've also used the recipes for simple suppers. To the critics who say they don't have the time... just go to Pret and get a flavourless sandwich. Clearly, this is for those who want to invest a tiny bit of time on their lunch. Most recipe books are about inspiration as much as ideas and I think this manages both. The chapter headings work very well. Particularly like the leftovers and foraging in the back of the fridge section as this really speaks to how I make most meals. Next book - would be nice to see gluten or wheat free suggestions (although half a brain can usually work that one out) and maybe some ideas for schoolkids. Carrot batons lose their appeal for baton maker and eater after about 10 years...

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for lunches - packed or not., 26 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Little Book of Lunch (Hardcover)
I love this book! I bought it for some packed lunch inspiration. In particular I needed an incentive to stop spending a small fortune on Pret a Manger falafel wraps every other day, and so far this has worked. So much so that I even use it for home meals. If you are the kind of person who goes from fine to starving in a couple of minutes, this is the book to turn to, as it is geared towards quick and healthy meals that you can make in a flash.

Recipes are tasty and straight forward, and even include reminders to go and have a shower or brush your teeth while your lunch is cooking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive!, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Little Book of Lunch (Hardcover)
Ordered this after seeing an article online, arrived next day! Really impressed with this so far, we have tried a couple of the recipes and have been blown away by how easy they are to make and how nice they are to eat! It's a beautiful book full of stunning pictures, I'd recommend it to anyone who fancies better lunches.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've really enjoyed all the recipes I've tried in this book so ..., 8 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Little Book of Lunch (Hardcover)
I've really enjoyed all the recipes I've tried in this book so far. They're quick and easy to prepare which is a must for me as I don't have time to waste with long winded recipes. The sweet recipes at the end of the book are great too. The salted caramel chocolate brownies are amazing. Would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great inspiring recipes to keep you interested in preparing food., 12 Aug 2014
A. Wheeler "sit_in_duck" (Harrow-on-the-Hill, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Little Book of Lunch (Hardcover)
Great inspiring recipes to keep you interested in preparing food.
Written with busy people in mind, so it doesn't mess around.
Also assumes that you can do it but still gives clear instructions to follow.
Never had a bad lunch experience!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought I knew how to make a sandwich, until I bought this book!, 21 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Little Book of Lunch (Hardcover)
Making sandwiches used to be an incredibly mundane part of my day - 2 slices of white bread, some lettuce, ham and if I was feeling adventurous some mustard. To use a sandwich analogy I would have compared my life as 2 slices of bread which where not filled, my life was unfulfilling.

I hit rock bottom when I bought a Tesco tuna and sweetcorn sandwich and threw half of the monstrosity away. It was at that precise moment that I realised I needed some guidance; and boy did I get it from this book. This book opened my eyes to wholewheat, seeded even rye bread-types and a variety of fillings and combinations that opened the doors to a whole new world of taste, O Brave New World (with much better sandwiches).

Thanks for filling the gap in my figurative sandwich.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book - highly recommended!, 11 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Little Book of Lunch (Hardcover)
This is the loveliest book, full of fantastically useful recipes and beautiful photographs. It has definitely brightened up my lunchbox.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amusing and nice recipes, 14 Oct 2014
I like a bit of spiel with my recipes and this delivers with a nice bit of dry humour, although many of the recipes are essentially just sandwiches they normally add a special little touch, and the photography is inspiring too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed by the inclusion of some recipes that I would ..., 23 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Little Book of Lunch (Hardcover)
Some interesting and original recipes for lunch. Disappointed by the inclusion of some recipes that I would consider patronising (and don't deserve a place in a book). Overall pleased with my purchase

The Little Book of Lunch
The Little Book of Lunch by Sophie Missing (Hardcover - 16 Jan 2014)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available