5.0 out of 5 stars Must-buy for all parents: even the non-crafty ones
I am not a crafty parent; I leave all that to nursery. But Red Ted Art has always made arts and crafts an accessible activity making up for my lack of talent. Each craft in the book is explained in an easy to follow step-by-step process and the colourful and useful pictures makes it all come alive. If my daughter ends up with even one once of talent more than me; it...
Published 16 months ago by Non-crafty mum

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worthy of the hype
I was really disappointed in how few projects there were. The crafts are quirky and cute, but I wasn't very impressed.
Published 15 months ago by Shaylapants

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, lovely ideas, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: Red Ted Art: Cute and Easy Crafts for Kids (Hardcover)
Beautiful book, lots of great ideas for children to make with things that you have lying round at home, have bought it for presents too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and fun ideas for kids, 27 Mar 2013
Steven Brown (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Red Ted Art: Cute and Easy Crafts for Kids (Hardcover)
Picked this up as I've seen Red Ted Art do some great Google+ hangouts, with craft ideas for kids.

The book easily lives up to my expectations - lovely and colourful, it's packed full of great ideas using the most basic of items that you're likely to have lying around the house.

I love to do these sort of things with my kids, but haven't really got the time or imagination to think activities up. This book is perfect for providing detailed instructions for things that even someone who is not naturally crafty can do.

In summary, highly recommended - looking forward to using it over the Scottish summer. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Your Kids Will Remember This Forever!, 17 May 2013
Igor (London, - United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Red Ted Art: Cute and Easy Crafts for Kids (Hardcover)
This is an awesome book packed with simple ideas that you can do with your kids with everyday household objects.

I got this for my girlfriend & I to do with her (9 year old) son. She knows that kids won't remember the expensive $500 toys you buy them for more than a few weeks or months. What stays with them are the EXPERIENCES you have with them: hunting ghosts in the woods, a picnic in the wilderness or making a work of art out of "useless" stuff you would otherwise throw away.

This is were Mrs Woodley's book really shines. It teaches you simple, child oriented crafts you can do with your kids for next to no expense. In the process of turning an old toilet roll into a roaring lion you will laugh & bond with your kids more than watching 100 movies or buying a sled full of toys for them!

What's more, this will be the kind of highlight that they will remember (and cherish) for the rest of their lives!

It's amazing watching my girlfriend's son light up with delight. This book makes it so easy that even someone like me (who is all thumbs when it comes to art) can do it - and of course watching any child getting lost in breathing life into a piece of salt dough, potato or cardboard with some paint, glue or sticky tape is something you will remember long after they have grown up and left the home!

I cannot recommend this book highly enough (I really mean it - even after my recent move to Canada I ended up buying several copies despite the added expense of sending them there just to give them away to friends with kids!!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book!!! Outstanding, 1 April 2013
This review is from: Red Ted Art: Cute and Easy Crafts for Kids (Hardcover)
Go and buy a copy for yourself,and anyone who has children and any teachers and any one who loves art. It is an absolute joy, most materials are in the house already, my 18month old and 8 and a half year old have had so much fun this afternoon making bubble wrap trees, we have blogged about it at [...]
Sensible, straightforward, gorgeous presentation, easy to follow and beautiful results.
When is the next book out ;)
Go on, click buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'Must Have' for all parent crafters (and non-crafters!), 26 Mar 2013
This review is from: Red Ted Art: Cute and Easy Crafts for Kids (Hardcover)
Red Ted Art is a hugely popular blog that I follow avidly, and this book is a wonderful collection of crafts old and new.

The photos and instructions are simple, clear and concise so even the most amateur crafter can get great results.

A lovely mix of nature crafts, uses for recycled materials, fabric crafts etc etc.

I thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Craft Book, 26 Mar 2013
Becky (Nottingham , England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Red Ted Art: Cute and Easy Crafts for Kids (Hardcover)
My family adore this craft book.
It has the most lovely projects in. The best thing for us was that the crafts could almost all be made from nature or everyday products so they were inexpensive to make.
The colour photos and step by step instructions made the crafts easy to follow and they turned out really well.
We have long been big fans of the Red Ted Art blog and we think the book is just amazing! A great investment in a family's creativity

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 24 July 2014
This review is from: Red Ted Art: Cute and Easy Crafts for Kids (Hardcover)
Interesting book with lots of simple & basic ideas of activities

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended by a friend, 30 Aug 2013
This review is from: Red Ted Art: Cute and Easy Crafts for Kids (Hardcover)
Bought this for my daughter who is an Art Teacher on maternity leave. She thought it was very good and when her children were older she would certainly use it

5.0 out of 5 stars THE best crafts book for children, 18 April 2013
Tanya Barrow "MummyBarrow" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Red Ted Art: Cute and Easy Crafts for Kids (Hardcover)
The book has over 100 pages crammed with craft ideas. Most of them using things that are lying about the house or garden. This is not a book that forces you to go out and spend a fortune stocking up on specialist bits and pieces. All the crafts are designed so the children can take the lead and not need a load of parental input. And mess is positively encouraged. In fact it seems to me that the end result is not actually the important bit. It is the doing that is important. Children creating something by themselves and being able to hold it up and say "I made this".

If you have young children, either of your own, or in your family this is a fabulous present idea.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fab craft book for all ages!, 2 April 2013
This review is from: Red Ted Art: Cute and Easy Crafts for Kids (Hardcover)
As fans of the RedTedArt.com website for some time, the arrival of Maggy Woodley's book has been long anticipated, and we have not been disappointed!

The crafts are beautifully presented, and instructions very simple and easy to follow. With a focus on upcycling, and creating beauty from discarded general household bits and pieces, and found objects from nature (and the odd pair of googly eyes) it's right up my street!

Our family thoroughly recommend it. :)

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

Red Ted Art: Cute and Easy Crafts for Kids
Red Ted Art: Cute and Easy Crafts for Kids by Margarita Woodley (Hardcover - 28 Mar 2013)
11.19