5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and insightful
Reads like a novel. Good fun and a fascinating story. I read the Guardian book on Wikileaks in the same week. Both great books.
Published on 18 May 2011 by Mr. Richard Rosson

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear!
My motivation in reading this book was to learn about Julian Assange. This is the third book related to him that I have read, the other two being: The Most Dangerous Man in the World: The Explosive True Story of the Lies, Cover-Ups, and Conspiracies He Exposed and Julian Assange: The Unauthorised Autobiography.

Whilst undoubtedly I did learn more about...
Published on 20 Sep 2012 by Sally Walker

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear!, 20 Sep 2012
Sally Walker (Eastbourne, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Inside WikiLeaks: My Time with Julian Assange at the World's Most Dangerous Website (Paperback)

Whilst undoubtedly I did learn more about Assange, gaining that knowledge came at the price of having to wade through this book. My appreciation of this book decreased with each chapter that I read. In the end it was all I could do to finish it!

It has been written by Assange's right-hand man in the operation of Wikileaks, for three years from 2007 - 2010, until Domscheit-Berg was suspended by Assange from Wikileaks. You'll see then that the author has an axe to grind.

If you think of what it would be like to read only one party's account of an unhappy marriage that led to a bitter divorce, you would develop an understanding of how this book reads and how it makes the reader feel. Bitterness, endless blaming of the other party and accounts of petty and trivial occurrences are rife in this book. You can hardly read a page without there being some dig at Assange. One of the most petty accounts related to Assange allegedly using up all of Domscheit-Berg's Ovaltine, which he had a yen for at the time. I mean really do we need to read about this?

This book is not totally without value, it does tell of the machinations of Wikileaks, which reveals how incredibly small scale it all was in terms of how many people were involved. The way it operated bears no relation really to the magnitude and importance of a lot of the documents that Wikileaks exposed. When reading this book and now reflecting upon it, the image of children playing in a firework's factory springs to mind. I got the feeling that not much thought was given to what impact the issuing of these documents globally into the public domain would have. What seemed to be important was that there was some kind of reaction. Whilst high-minded objectives are espoused by the author, not all ring true.

I don't recommend this book, there are other better books available, more intelligently written, so don't waste your time with this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars failure, 4 Jun 2011
I could stand only 100 pages, even it was too much! It's really boring. Julian moved into my house, he was sick, he had white trousers, we were both sick, we ate sushi together... He is a that kind of a guy, he is that he is this.... We did this, that, those.... It is a kind of diary indeed. All about author's personal feelings and experience when he was working in Wikileaks. To say the truth, I am not so interested in that!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Read a Kiity O Shea book for bitching, more fun, 23 Feb 2011
was lent to me by a friend, the most boring book I ever got to never finish,
one nerd carping about another far brighter nerd, like the kid in class who always came second and harboured a grudge at the one above who always came first.
For a catty tell all, read a Kitty O Shea novel, far much more fun. This guy sounds like the Robin who wanted to be Bat Man but never could be, you feel like saying to him 'move on get a life and stop imitating Assange!'

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and insightful, 18 May 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars It gives what it promises, 26 April 2011
It gives you just what it promises in the title: an insight into WikiLeaks and the relationship of these two men. I found it interesting to read. It was worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 24 Mar 2011
Even though the translation has a few flaws, this book is well worth the money. So far the best book i've read trough 2011, and it's super interesting if you're into WikiLeaks, Julian Assange and Daniel Domscheit-Berg. Go buy!

1.0 out of 5 stars whiny tell-all, 15 Feb 2011
Reads like a bitter kiss-and-tell by a spurned ex-lover. Backstabbing at its worst by someone (Domscheit-Berg) who seeks every opportunity to discredit both Wikileaks and his former collegue/boss Assange for the sole purpose of elevating the position of his own project. Just lame!