4.0 out of 5 stars A Testament To Brailsford
Let's be honest - if you're a cycling fan, you will have already had an opinion of Wiggins formed before the events of 2012 unfolded.

In the run up to this year he could be talented, wayward, self deprecating, vaguely self-destructive, passionate, humble, arrogant, and everything else in between. Compared with the other British guys on the scene, he was always...
Published on 26 Dec. 2012 by Mr. D. Hamilton

1.0 out of 5 stars awful!
I started reading this after enjoying Tyler Hamilton's book on drugs and Lance Armstrong (The secret race) which was a revealing account of the skullduggery behind the cycling world. Recommended. However this book by Bradley Wiggens is one of the worst I have tried to read in a while. It appears to be ghostwritten but reads like one long sentence of chat taped from an...
Published 20 months ago by Brian Dickson

‹ Previous | 1 2 334 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 30 July 2013
Thought I would enjoy reading this after the great year Wiggins has had and the hero he has become. The book just seemed to waffle a bit and there was too much detail that it took ages to get going and get to any interesting sections. I am no bike enthusiast so maybe it would appeal to more of a bike racer. I just wanted to read a bit about the man himself and his training. If you are a cycling nut this book would be a good book for you! If you are not like me you may not enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bradley tells it as it is, 14 Feb. 2013
Ian Franklin "Justme" (Chiang Mai, Thailand) - See all my reviews
This is probably one of the best cycling biogs that I have ever read. I've got a library of more than 500 books on cycling here and I would put this very close to the top tier of books published about cycling. Why? Because he goes into the ins and outs of his incredible training regime and how things worked out (or didn't at times) and it acts as a real inspiration to us all. He could have followed the usual biography blandness (ie Rob Arnold's book on Cadel Evans) but he chose to show himself as he is. As far as those who doubt his achievements (you see these crazies on net forums all the time) - if you trust the sincerity of this book, as I do, then their is no doubt whatsoever that Bradley and his colleagues race clean. Off course Paul Kimmage is still looking for some nasties behind Brad's achievements and he goes around winding people up about doubting Team Sky - but open your eyes Paul (and the others) - here's a straght from the heart, shoot from the hips, warts and all biog that tells it as it is. Well done Brad. Love you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously great read, 14 Mar. 2013
Without doubt one of the best, if not the best, bio type book I've read. We've all read about Wiggos triumphs and disasters in the press, both general and specialist, and watched it all on television, and I wondered if there would be anything new in this book. But every page was new, there were well told anecdotes, well told explanations for incidents we saw on TV and thought the commentators knew the whats and wherefors about but didn't really! Brads explanation of the very public "Come on" from Chris Froome is a very big "aha, now I understand" moment, and Brad's descriptions and understandings and wee stories from behind the scenes on every page make this a complete and very very compelling journey into something I never fully appreciated, and his ability to describe and retell stories and anecdotes is just superb. Without doubt one of the, if not "the", sports book of the year. Not just about Brad, but great stuff about British cycling, Sky and many of the characters.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great if you love cycling...not if you are interested in his background, 22 Jan. 2013
I bought this book with a view to learning more about Bradley Wiggins' background. However, this book talked very little of this and became a very technical guide to how he has achieved what he has. I was left a little disappointed, but only because I'm not a cycling buff. If you are a cycling fan, I'm sure you will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars so that's Brad, 18 Feb. 2013
I was surprised to find myself reading this book, but actually found myself really enjoying it. It's easy to read and flows wells. Although there is a very brief potted history about Bradley Wiggins earlier years, this is essentially about his successes in 2012 and the two or three years leading up to it. The detail about training and performance are told at such a level that is clear and understandable to the layman. Luckily it is not heavily loaded with overtly and excessively technical cyclo-babble, but written in a simplistic, almost naive, way which makes it all the better for the reader.

2012 was definitely a memorabel one fro Bradley Wiggins and his cycling success has been rightly capped with what I would suggest is also a successful book. It reads well, gives a real flavour of the personality of the man, not always easily discerned from media or press reports,and his phenominal achievements. Well done brad.

4.0 out of 5 stars My Time by Bradley Wiggins, 16 Dec. 2012
I really enjoyed the above book, I found the book very honest and interesting. I dont claim to be a sporty person but I was intrigued by all the information on cycling. I really admire Bradley Wiggins and would reccomend it to anyone who likes a true story and enjoyed the Olympics in London this year.

3.0 out of 5 stars An epic achievement let down by the writing, 2 Jan. 2013
2012 was an awesome year for Bradley Wiggins and Britsh Cycling. This volume of his autobiography covers the year from the start until the Olympics, and intersperses his recollections of the Tour with alternate chapters looking at the preparation leading up to those weeks in July. Many cyclists will be interested in the background information on training, the move away from "racing as training" to "training to race" being one in point, as well as the drive towards "metres climbed" from "kilometers ridden". However, I felt that the excitement I feel when I watch the Tour de France is actually reduced reading Wiggins' account of it. Perhaps it's a result of the style of writing, which is very measured, but there were few moments where it seemed any more than just " a job to do". The section on the Olympics was great-a genuine insight into the frenetic world Wiggins' yellow jersey propelled him. It's a shame the rest of the book couldn't capture the emotion in the same way. My personal highlight? Robert Millar's beautifully written foreword. Now there's an autobiography I'd love to read!

3.0 out of 5 stars mediocre, 26 Nov. 2013
Interesting to hear about the preperation, struggle and hard work that was put in towards the run up to 2012, i liked reading all about the hard work and dedication but it did become a little repetetive. Would have been much better if it had more or Wiggin's personality included, but not a bad read.

2.0 out of 5 stars Rushed out to cash in, 13 Jan. 2013
Completely mixed feelings on this book - as a cyclist I enjoyed the insight into changes to training approaches, the sacrifices he makes, and some of the technical inputs. But as a reader I was left a bit cold after looking forward to it.

As other reviews mention there is an awful lot of repetition on certain subjects and I totally agree. The chapters can also be disjointed, will start to discuss a tour stage and wander off onto another random musing, fine line between this capturing a conversational feel (like a Billy Connolly joke meandering) and feeling like lazy editing, this fell in to the latter category. There are also questions about what he really thinks of some certain individuals that are left unanswered - which surprised me from such a forthright personality.

I suspect the following:
You don't get the full story on some relationships as he is much more astute at playing the corporate role and doesn't want to upset the apple cart (or someone at Sky censored).
There is so much repetition to ensure that the book looked big enough to justify the cost,
Finally it was disjointed because to ensure out in time to cash in on Christmas and SPOTY exposure not enough time was spent pulling it together.

I am still a huge Wiggo fan but think I'll wait until he retires to find out more about the man and what he really thinks on some subjects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 4 Dec. 2012
Bradley seems to be a true source of inspiration. I'd read both of Armstrongs books, which although we're enjoyable you always suspected that he'd made a bit of a deal with the dark side. Bradley seems to be the real deal. Was going to buy this as a gift for my dad but due to Amazons aggressive avoidance of corporation profits I've decided to pay a pound more and buy at another well known shop. I urge you to do the same until Amazon sorts itself out

‹ Previous | 1 2 334 | Next ›

Bradley Wiggins: My Time: An Autobiography
Bradley Wiggins: My Time: An Autobiography by Bradley Wiggins (Paperback - 23 May 2013)