5.0 out of 5 stars So familiar, 31 Dec. 2008
My first born son was stillborn in 2006 at full term for no discovered reason. The story of Pudding was so familiar, even in its differences from the story of my own cherished son. How she did everything differently in her second pregnancy, the things people said (or didn't) etched in your mind, simple errors too hard to forgive.

Pudding's mother flits between her first and second pregnancy, giving a perspective to the death of Pudding that she herself did not have at the time. Anyone who wishes to understand how it feels to lose your beloved child before even meeting him properly should read this book. Really, it's so poorly understood except by those who have had the misfortune to live it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breath Taking, 16 July 2009
This review is from: An Exact Replica of a Figment of My Imagination (Hardcover)
What can I say about such a fabulous book to do it justice? How can I impress on you the importance of finding a copy of this book today and dropping everything to read it?

On the surface I can see why you perhaps wouldn't want to read a book about the stillbirth of a child, the repercussions and ripples it sends through the lives of the parents and through the following pregnancy. But you should. Not only is this a good read, it is a book filled with hope and understanding. If (like myself and the author) you have lost a child you will find comfort in how universal your feelings are and the crushing loneliness will ease a little, if only for the duration of the book. If someone you care about has lost a child you should read this, it puts so much into words that you just can't do yourself and will help you understand what is happening to this person you care about who is now grief stricken. If you are lucky enough to have no experience of this of any kind read it anyway. It's a beautifully written, hopeful book that deserves the widest possible audience.

5.0 out of 5 stars On the table, plain and simple - as is, 10 Feb. 2011
Possibly pulled me through. Has in detail described, reviewed and detailed every single emotion I have been through. Every thought and action since it happened to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars A personal memoir of the experience of stillbirth, 23 July 2014
MAA (Huntingdonshire) - See all my reviews
This book was recommended to me to help me to understand the feelings of the bereaved mother of a stillborn child. She said it came closer than anything else she had read. I hope I have learned from this book what not to say, but also that to say nothing can contribute to the grief of the mother, by not acknowledging the reality of her lost baby. This is a difficult book to read, yet will make you laugh, too. If you, or someone close to you, have been affected by stillbirth, please try it, as well as contacting SANDS, the stillbirth and neo-natal death society, at www.uk-sands.org, who provide wonderful support.

5.0 out of 5 stars This story needs to be told, 6 Dec. 2009
A. Jones (Ireland) - See all my reviews
I have suffered a loss, and I found this story both helpful and a good read. It shows there is hope there, even a glimmer and that while things will never be the same again, you will survive you will laugh again, you will feel happiness again. I still don't understand the title, but I still try and puzzle it in the depths of the night in a bid to find sleep. That is only a title, inside is a good book, you don't need to have lost to read it, it might help you to understand someone. Everyone knows someone who has suffered a loss.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful book ., 18 Feb. 2014
Bought this book not long after my sisters baby was stillborn at 38 weeks . Was one of the nicer books we've read in the fact that it's the true story of the author , written in a very real way . Many points were similar to my sisters experience and it was softer to read than a lot of other books of a similar nature .

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 6 July 2014
unfortunately I can completely relate to this book, but I have found listening or reading others peoples stories of stillbirth and rainbow pregnancies has been very helpful in my grieving process and acknowledging how life will always go on with or without you taking part. this book is beautifully and honestly written and helped me along that process.

5.0 out of 5 stars A heart breaking account, 14 Nov. 2013
Mc Cracken gives a moving account of her pregnancy and the trauma of still birth any mother would identify with her

5.0 out of 5 stars Read if you've suffered a loss, 6 Mar. 2013
Having lost my baby son recently this book helped me during the early days following my loss. It may help others but its such a personal situation to be faced with plus grief affects people differently. I would recommend it though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 13 May 2010
Shauna2743 (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
Having recently lost a baby, this book was just what i needed. Touching and beautifully written. Shows all sides of losing a baby and the effects of this on future pregnancy. The author echoed my feelings, making me feel that I was not alone in this. Great book. Well worth reading.

An Exact Replica of a Figment of My Imagination
An Exact Replica of a Figment of My Imagination by Elizabeth McCracken (Hardcover - 2 April 2009)
Used & New from: £7.36