5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!
I love this book, it's full of ideas and easy to use. Some essences are hard to find, but I found Uncle Roy's Comestible Concoctions and he makes them all, you can find him on the internet.
I'm giving this for Christmas presents, when my friends saw it, they couldn't put it down, so to get my copy back, I've bought them copies too - half price!
Published 18 months ago by wagtail

2.0 out of 5 stars It's more like a party book
I pre-order it before the released day and was attracted by the pretty cake on its cover. Also, I have the previous two books from Primrose Bakery and they are nice. Thus, I trusted this one will be even better.
Published 18 months ago by Polly

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars It's more like a party book, 12 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Primrose Bakery Celebrations (Hardcover)
However, I was disappointed when receiving it. There are lots of photos in it but not in a "cooking book" way. For example, there are quite many cross pages of photos of people, party, garden..etc, which make no sense for a recipe book especially when there are far too many.
About the recipes in it, I'd say there are ok, but not much different from the previous two books.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 5 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Primrose Bakery Celebrations (Hardcover)
Struggled to find much that I really wanted to make. Bit lame to include recipes for sandwiches etc. thought this was going to be a book crammed full of delicious cakes etc to bake, as per the last 2 books but this one failed to deliver.

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete waste of money, 2 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Primrose Bakery Celebrations (Hardcover)
This book was a huge disappointment. Bought it as had a family birthday coming up and thought there'd be some real "showstoppers" cakes wise. No such luck. As others have said lots of pretty pictures but no substance. I don't think I'll be making anything from it - the flavour combinations are too odd for me. A real shame as I really liked the 1st two "Primrose" books. I pre-ordered this book whilst there were no reviews - from now on I'll wait for reviews before ordering.

1.0 out of 5 stars Family album with recipes, 19 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Primrose Bakery Celebrations (Hardcover)
Im really disappointed with this book. Book description:- 'sweet and savoury treats' but you'd be lucky if you can find six savoury treats and when you do they are very basic. Hot dogs and egg and tomato sandwich to name two of them. There's a recipe for orange salad, two ingredients but four pages of photos. And this book is nearly half full of photos of people who probably mean a lot to someone but not to me. I don't need to see everyone's friend or relative in a book of cake recipes. Looking through the index I saw 'baklava'. I thought that would be worth making at home. I like baklava. Turned to page 110 and there's no recipe, just a few sentences telling me I can buy some good baklava in Selfridge's. I already knew that because I was there last week. Unfortunately I'm not travelling the 300 miles back there just yet so it looks like my local supermarket will have to do for now. Or perhaps I'll just see if I can return this photo album back to Amazon and buy a recipe book instead.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed!, 21 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Primrose Bakery Celebrations (Hardcover)
This book is very disappointing and not what I expected from the description or following the previous lovely Primrose Bakery books. It is a good size book and from first glance at the cover I thought this book would be very good, unfortunately it doesn't follow through inside. The recipe for the cover cake which is very pretty with the decorations doesn't tell you how to make the flowers or where to get something similar, just gives a sponge cake recipe, it is lacking in so many areas. I expected some fantastic celebration cakes and treats, yet there are only a couple of things I thought I would have possibly tried, and certainly didn't need two pages to tell me how to make a club sandwich.

1.0 out of 5 stars Really disappointed!, 20 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Primrose Bakery Celebrations (Hardcover)
Having been a huge fan of the previous 2 books I am really not impressed! I appreciate they have taken a new approach to this book and the pictures are beautiful (if irrelevant on many occasions) however I can find only 6 recipes that I would consider making!! Some of the flavours/ combinations are very odd, and I don't feel translate well into cakes...I would not consider a tequila flavoured cake a treat, more a punishment to be honest! Also buttered bread dipped in hundreds and thousands is not cooking, very bizarre!! The previous books are awesome however and I would encourage a first time primrose bakery buyer to buy those instead!

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks Wonderful but....., 8 Dec. 2013
J. King "JK" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Primrose Bakery Celebrations (Hardcover)
The book looks wonderful but after looking through it a few times I haven't picked it up since. Disappointing. The book looks wonderful but will use it rarely if at all.

2.0 out of 5 stars First recipe tested has major omission. Were any of the recipes tested?, 3 May 2015
This review is from: Primrose Bakery Celebrations (Hardcover)
Pretty poor. The first recipe I tried - for red velvet cupcakes - omitted a key step from the instructions. As this was the bit about adding the flour this was moderately peturbing. Better proofreading/recipe testing next time, I reckon.

1.0 out of 5 stars too many American recipes that generally taste disgusting. You also don't buy a cake book to ..., 30 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Primrose Bakery Celebrations (Hardcover)
Rubbish! When it first arrived I couldn't wait to open it. The cover gave such high expectations. As usually with Primrose Bakery, too many American recipes that generally taste disgusting. You also don't buy a cake book to read how to make sandwiches, fruit salads and dog treats. The best thing about it are the cocktail cupcakes. I expected it to be themed that way with some seriously excellent celebration cake recipes that weren't your every day. Cakes PB are usually excellent at given their last book. This particular book was a complete waste of money and should be avoided, unless you can buy it at a fraction of the price. If I could have reviewed it first, I wouldn't have paid any more than £5 for it and neither should you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing more for a party planner, 31 Jan. 2014
butterflyflutterby (East Riding of Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Primrose Bakery Celebrations (Hardcover)
A lovely big book and was attracted because of their pedigree the book is very disappointing... although it contains recipes they are split over several pages the cake on one and the topping on the next there is a lack of them with the book being more about selling a look a vision a lifestyle to appeal to its comes across as like a expensive glossy magazine, with four pages of photos dedicated to one recipe. its comes across more of party ideas to do with the recipes in scene settings.

they need to go back to basics i will be reluctant to ever buy there books again........

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Primrose Bakery Celebrations
Primrose Bakery Celebrations by Martha Swift (Hardcover - 10 Oct. 2013)