5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, reliable recipes
I recently purchased this book, on the strength of the writers previous cupcake book. I regularly use the cupcake recipes for a cafe that I bake for, as they are so reliable and customers ask for them!

On this current book, The Primrose Bakery Book, I have been most pleased with the recipes and layout. It's an attractive book, with lovely photos and although...
Published on 26 Oct 2011 by Fat Burner

3.0 out of 5 stars uninspiring, recipes don't work
Although the book looks fab with lovely pictures, Following the recipes to the absolute letter, I have now made the bannoffi cupcakes which though look pretty, are grey on the inside and very doughy - horrid taste. The brownies - came out dry and tasted horrid. The ones made with BBC good food are much better. Despite what the other reviewers say about the book, I am...
Published 22 months ago by Ella

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent recipes!, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Primrose Bakery Book (Hardcover)
One of my favourite cookbooks. The recipes are clear and straightforward, and they are delicious! Highly recommend for anyone who likes to bake.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great all round baking book - if you love cupcakes!, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Primrose Bakery Book (Hardcover)
A nice book, well laid out with a great selection of recipes/flavours. Some of the recipes have needed tweaking to perfect but that may be more to do with my oven than the Primrose recipe.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Primrose Bakery Book., 10 Nov 2013
A. Pickering "Alison Pickering" (Derbyshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Primrose Bakery Book (Hardcover)
A lovely take on the classic cakes everyone loves. Good photos, easily read recipes and I would recommend the carrot cake and frosting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely for the kitchen!, 22 Aug 2013
Eleanor (Lincolnshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Primrose Bakery Book (Hardcover)
I bought this book under the assumption there would be more cupcake recipes and more classic cupcake recipes. On receiving my order (fairly quickly) however, I have not really made any of the cupcakes featured and instead tried various loafs, cakes and slices.

It was a decent price and cheaper than some of the hummingbird which were my original choice.

The caramel slice is gorgeous and I have had so many compliments on it! It seemed like I had made a huge mistake when the caramel looked like it was lava BUT persevere, it all turned out great in the end!

The seasonal christmas cakes look lovely and I can't wait to try them. The recipes are great, so simple and use grams instead of cups which I find so much easier to use! The pictures in it are gorgeous, perhaps a few too many at times but I will be purchasing the cupcake book from primrose in the very near future!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is fantastic!, 11 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Primrose Bakery Book (Hardcover)
Most baking books you might make a couple of things out of. With this book I've made so many of the recipes and they have all turned out well. Every time I open the book there is something else I still want to make!

5.0 out of 5 stars Primrose bakery a great book, 25 July 2013
This review is from: The Primrose Bakery Book (Hardcover)
Fabulous recipes and easy to follow, I would like to recommend this book to everyone who likes something different to bake.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for an amateur baker!, 12 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Primrose Bakery Book (Hardcover)
This is all I need to make cakes! The illustrations and recipes are easy to follow and haven't failed me yet!

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing cookbook, 7 Feb 2013
I've only had this nook about two weeks but so far the two recipes that I've tried have been amazing

5.0 out of 5 stars Good easy to follow instructions, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Primrose Bakery Book (Hardcover)
Having not cooked cakes in a long time this book was brilliant, step by step instructions explained well including how to decorate. Have recommended this book to my niece who has just started out cooking.

4.0 out of 5 stars good book, 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Primrose Bakery Book (Hardcover)
Quick delivery, nice size book and easy to use, Cakes and buns are tasting a lot better now so must be good!!

The Primrose Bakery Book
The Primrose Bakery Book by Lisa Thomas (Hardcover - 29 Sep 2011)
9.99