Format: Hardcover|Change

on 27 April 2016
Everything you could want from a baking book.
on 28 August 2015
Good British baking
on 15 April 2011
I was fairly disappointed after buying this book to find that the recipe for Peyton and Byrne's Jaffa Cakes was not included: it was the main reason for purchasing the book. Otherwise - beautiful food photography and interesting anecdotes, but far less comprehensive than Nigella's 'How to be a Domestic Goddess': if you already own the Nigella or any other comprehensive baking book, this will not be much of an addition to your bookshelf, other than aesthetically.
on 15 March 2011
This is a really good book. The recipes are clear and helpfully explain the stages . Very impressed. We have tried the dundee cake and carrot cake and we think that these are the best versions of these recipes we have ever tried. This is my favourite cookery book and I have many !
on 15 October 2014
pressie
on 16 April 2013
a good quality cook book will last the kitchen messes it has good old fashion puddings and cakes recipes to browse.
on 5 May 2011
Loved the presentation and the front cover gives it an air of British elegance. Would make a great gift. The recipes are an excellent mixture of simple and more complicated to tempt you into the kitchen. I can highly recommend this book.
on 20 September 2011
Very strange. I recieved this book as a gift for my birthday (NOT bought from Amazon), and loved it SO much that I bought one from Amazon for a friends birthday. Unfortunately on arrival, in comparison to my original book, this book appeared to be a 2nd or a copy. Its cover is faded and the raised texture appears quite flat. The whole book appears thinner than mine. A bit disappointed really. I have still given it to my friend since it was too late to get a replacement - she won't know unless she finds MY book but just a word of warning to potential customers buying this book through Amazon...! I will look elsewhere if there is a next time.
on 12 February 2014
The book arrived promptly and well packaged however the book had a nasty mark on the cover so could not be given as a gift. Not as described, very disappointed.
on 16 February 2013
I assume that my daughter in law, for whom it was a present thinks its good, that's why she asked for it!
Delivery from Aphrohead was a nightmare, it arrived 2 weeks after it should, via Royal Mail!
I shall not be buying any thing from them again, ever. A complete shambles, they invited me to check with Royal Mail sorting office to find out why we had not received it, their problem not mine !

A contract to me involves the seller delivering their product within the specified times, Aphrohead need to define their participation in a sales contract or get out of the market.
I strongly suggest that their offers are. Avoided like the plague.