on 20 November 2009
Bought this as a Christmas present for my husband and a couple of friends as thought they would make good stocking fillers. When they were delivered to work, my girlfriends and I had a great time looking through it as it was very amusing plus wanted to know what was said about us!! By the time I went home my husbands copy was looking a bit less than brand new as we checked out how to get a strike in bowling (want to try this out!), condom sizes, etc so decided to give him his as an early Christmas present. He loved it and was chuckling for ages. His favourite was how to buy underwear for your girlfriend without looking like a pervert! He has now ordered for his mates for Christmas too. So if you are looking for something amusing for any of the men in your life whatever their age, this is for you...or even if you want to know a bit more about how blokes think. May have to go home early to read up tonight!
on 1 December 2009
I loved the witty, self-deprecating tone of the writing - he sounds like an eccentric uncle. It's such a refreshing antidote to the usual laddish Top Gear tone. Gareth obviously learnt a lot on his MA in Professional Writing at University College Falmouth.
I'm buying this for all my teenaged nephews - I want them to turn out like Gareth!
on 5 August 2010
I intially bought this book as a filler present for my Dad's birthday, after running out of ideas. He's been reading it non-stop for the past two days and what I've known to be a very reserved 'proper' man, I saw him trying to stifle strong laughter - lord knowns what he read but he's enjoying it and reading it page for page, so in my book that's a big success!
on 26 November 2009
Unarmed, as many of us men are, when faced with the trials and tribulations of life we are forced to turn to our Patriarchs in the vain hope they may impart a nugget of wisdom to help us along the way. But, alas, we men are mere mortals and as such are unable to have the answer to everything (except maybe for Obi-Wan Kenobi and even he had the help of the force) This is where this book comes in. It's like the collective knowledge of all the wisest men, Ghandi, Einstein that bald bloke off the 'Dont get done get Dom' programme, who I presume is called Dom, in one volume. Providing information from the basics, such as how to tie a Windsor knot and ironing a shirt, to the utterly sublime - drying a pair of jeans in 15 minutes. A veritable wealth of useful information meaning that once and for all young men can finally face their rites of passage safe in the knowledge that they are equipped to overcome any obstacle.

Buy it or prepare to fumble your way through life like I fumbled my way through the one handed bra removal technique...
on 26 October 2011
I read the reviews about this book & decided it would make a good Christmas present for my 18 year old son.
Brilliant idea! My husband & I have already had a quick run through it before I wrap it up & we were soon laughing at the titles of all the subjects covered!
Sure to be a hit in our house on Christmas day;- can't wait!
on 14 January 2014
I bought this for my husband. He loves it, every time he picks it up to read he finds something amusing. He is able to pick a page at random so does not have to plough through the whole lot. Great.
on 3 January 2016
A great price and quick delivery.
on 15 April 2016
Great for a novelty read
on 24 November 2009
At last a book that actually has some decent realistic tips and interlaced with some brilliant comedy writing. Only downside is there is no tip on how to get urine out of your jeans after you've finished wetting yourself from laughter!