5.0 out of 5 stars A 'must read' for any new parent
So accurate I thought the authors must have stolen my diary. It discusses the stuff that the other parent guides avoid, it made me laugh out loud. Highly recommended.
Published on 9 Jun 2009 by Penny Gillis

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful book.
But I knew I'd hate it. It was a book group book. I clearly feel very differently about how one brings children up "humorously".
I have found it incredibly funny, tragic, painful and joyful by turns. This book was just trite.
Published 19 months ago by Magdalen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'must read' for any new parent, 9 Jun 2009
Penny Gillis - See all my reviews
This review is from: Can I Give Them Back Now?: The Aargh to Zzzz of Parenting (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars laugh out loud funny, 7 Jun 2009
It's not often you find a book that makes you literally laugh out loud on the tube.. Bought a copy for my sister who has kids and she loved it so much that I had to buy a copy for myself too. Very very funny whether or not you have kids (I don't).

5.0 out of 5 stars A to Z of Parenting, 21 July 2009
As a 76 year old Grandmother, when I was given this book I wasn't sure I wanted to be told ( how to suck eggs )! I was wrong, this book is written in a humorous way but with great deal of underlining commonsense. I highly recommend it to mothers in waiting, mothers and grannies.

4.0 out of 5 stars recommended, 1 Jun 2009
the kind of things that up until now I only shared with friends, I can now read in black and white and laugh so much more about - I (and my partner) found many experiences from our last five years expressed in a way that can't help but make you chuckle. I've just ordered this book for my friend's birthday. I'm pretty sure she'll like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic!, 5 Jun 2009
Thank God for a book like this, which tells the truth about parenting in such a hilarious way. I'm hoping my friends will love it too as I'm buying it for all their birthdays!

5.0 out of 5 stars please, 20 Oct 2009
Paul Mulligan (Scotland) - See all my reviews
a must read for all parents. puts a smile on your face whatever your mood.

5.0 out of 5 stars Have Kids? buy this NOW!, 19 Sep 2009
Mr. C. Brenchley "Dan's Dad" (Oxfordshire) - See all my reviews
Picked this up in the Library 2 days ago, and have just ordered a copy for ourselves and for the Wife's Best friend's Birthday present.
Should probably get one for the sister-in-law too.

It's the A-Z of what parenting is REALLY like, with similar sense of humour to Christie Miller We Were Here First, Kid: A Practical Guide to Happy Parenting

Cannot reccommend highly enough. 6 stars.

no 7.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Its funny cos its true!", 6 July 2009
R. King (Harpenden, England) - See all my reviews
So said Homer Simpson and so said I after opening this book at random and reading about a paragraph's worth. This is just a great book for every parent because it chronicles with relentless humour all the ups and downs of the early parenting years. In theory it should be useful as a guide for people thinking about taking the plunge (so to speak) but really its main function is to make those of us who've spent years botching up our offspring's childhood feel better about the whole thing. Just really funny, and all so true, well worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last the truth about parenting!, 7 July 2009
K. Gallacher (Maidenhead, Berks. UK) - See all my reviews
I love this book! At last someone has finally written what every parent is feeling within - both the highs and the lows. There are no 'yummy mummys' (at least not any who actually spend any amount of time with their children!!), and that it is okay to admit that parenting is not fun all of the time and it can be bloody hard work (the bedtime section made me laugh out loud!). I'm sure there are plenty of mums (and dads) who would be very happy to buy the authors a drink to say thank you for making us realise that we are 'normal' parents!

5.0 out of 5 stars Too True !, 23 Jun 2009
Mrs. K. L. Hemming "'mama'" (Ilkeston, Derbyshire) - See all my reviews
This book is a typical daily account of motherhood from the laughing to crying and all the bits in between. It's a must for any mother, grandmother, aunt or woman for that matter and something to be enjoyed during your 10 mins of peace during the day. My sister-in-law (one of the authors - Jay Curtis) is an insightful, hysterical genius and I can't wait for more books - god love her !

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Can I Give Them Back Now?: The Aargh to Zzzz of Parenting
Can I Give Them Back Now?: The Aargh to Zzzz of Parenting by Jay Curtis (Paperback - 4 Jun 2009)
9.99