5.0 out of 5 stars A 'must read' for any new parent
So accurate I thought the authors must have stolen my diary. It discusses the stuff that the other parent guides avoid, it made me laugh out loud. Highly recommended.
Published on 9 Jun. 2009 by Penny Gillis

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful book.
But I knew I'd hate it. It was a book group book. I clearly feel very differently about how one brings children up "humorously".
I have found it incredibly funny, tragic, painful and joyful by turns. This book was just trite.
Published on 17 Feb. 2013 by Magdalen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'must read' for any new parent, 9 Jun. 2009
Penny Gillis - See all my reviews
This review is from: Can I Give Them Back Now?: The Aargh to Zzzz of Parenting (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars laugh out loud funny, 7 Jun. 2009
It's not often you find a book that makes you literally laugh out loud on the tube.. Bought a copy for my sister who has kids and she loved it so much that I had to buy a copy for myself too. Very very funny whether or not you have kids (I don't).

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic!, 5 Jun. 2009
Thank God for a book like this, which tells the truth about parenting in such a hilarious way. I'm hoping my friends will love it too as I'm buying it for all their birthdays!

5.0 out of 5 stars proper, laugh out loud funny, 23 Jan. 2010
Mrs. K. A. Wheatley "katywheatley" (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I have three children. I know children, and what this book says about parenting and children is absolutely true. No word of a lie. And that is what makes it so very, very funny. Do not buy it if you want to learn anything practical about breast feeding or weaning or any of that every day stuff, but do read it if you want to know what it's really like bringing up kids. I laughed till I cried it was so funny. And it reflected my life so well I did get slightly paranoid at one point thinking that someone had been spying on me and reporting back to base.

Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Its funny cos its true!", 6 July 2009
R. King (Harpenden, England) - See all my reviews
So said Homer Simpson and so said I after opening this book at random and reading about a paragraph's worth. This is just a great book for every parent because it chronicles with relentless humour all the ups and downs of the early parenting years. In theory it should be useful as a guide for people thinking about taking the plunge (so to speak) but really its main function is to make those of us who've spent years botching up our offspring's childhood feel better about the whole thing. Just really funny, and all so true, well worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last the truth about parenting!, 7 July 2009
K. Gallacher (Maidenhead, Berks. UK) - See all my reviews
I love this book! At last someone has finally written what every parent is feeling within - both the highs and the lows. There are no 'yummy mummys' (at least not any who actually spend any amount of time with their children!!), and that it is okay to admit that parenting is not fun all of the time and it can be bloody hard work (the bedtime section made me laugh out loud!). I'm sure there are plenty of mums (and dads) who would be very happy to buy the authors a drink to say thank you for making us realise that we are 'normal' parents!

5.0 out of 5 stars Too True !, 23 Jun. 2009
Mrs. K. L. Hemming "'mama'" (Ilkeston, Derbyshire) - See all my reviews
This book is a typical daily account of motherhood from the laughing to crying and all the bits in between. It's a must for any mother, grandmother, aunt or woman for that matter and something to be enjoyed during your 10 mins of peace during the day. My sister-in-law (one of the authors - Jay Curtis) is an insightful, hysterical genius and I can't wait for more books - god love her !

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on, 2 Nov. 2009
Ms. Claire L. Thomas (UK) - See all my reviews
I agree with everyone, this makes you feel so much better about not being a perfect parent; SO close to the mark it's untrue. Every mother should read this. Don't be put off by the naff cover and title(publishers and authors, I would seriously consider changing these, looks like any other run of the mill parenting guide). Just genius, wish I'd written it myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars antidote to parenting manuals, 24 Mar. 2011
I bought this and a serious book on "behaviour". I still haven't finished the bahviour manual but I have read this book twice. I think it may have just saved my sanity. Don't don't don't waste your money on stupid books written by people who probably don't even have any children, just buy this and relax in the knowledge that you are not alone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and funny!, 30 Aug. 2009
Nancy Thompson "Nancy" (Cornwall, Great Britain) - See all my reviews
This book is probably the best parenting book I have read to date (and I've read a lot!). It covers practically every scenario faced by parents today. It makes you feel normal and, more importantly, makes you laugh hysterically at all the trials and tribulations of parenthood; (I don't think I have ever laughed so much whilst reading a book!). Thank you Joanna Simmons and Jay Curtis, whoever you are, your book should be prescribed to every parent in the country as an anitdote to the usual guilt inducing drivel spouted by other parenting books and people. I throroughly recommend this book to anyone with children and can't wait for the next installation. What a brilliant and funny book, I cannot rate it highly enough.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Can I Give Them Back Now?: The Aargh to Zzzz of Parenting
Can I Give Them Back Now?: The Aargh to Zzzz of Parenting by Joanna Simmons (Paperback - 4 Jun. 2009)