5.0 out of 5 stars Just to add some balance...
This is a very good book. I remember reading it when I was around 12. It may have what could be read as "gross out tactics" in it but they are very inventive ones. Kids may be impressed by burps and farts, but even an adult would be impressed by someone who could fart the national anthem...

Also, if you read some of his adult fiction (only for adults mind...
Published on 28 Nov 2008 by Peter E. Spencer

3.0 out of 5 stars The Twits is very intreasting and very fun book to read.
The book is quite fun and their are some good scenes like when Mrs Twit feeds Mr Twit a plate full of worms in his spaghetti bolognaise. The book is quite hard to understand at the start, but it gets better later on. As soon as you understand it you will see the funny side of the book. It is very interesting and exciting. I would recommend this book for 9 to 15 year...
Published on 3 April 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars Just to add some balance..., 28 Nov 2008
Peter E. Spencer "Some Guy" (Baton Rouge, La) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Twits (Paperback)

Also, if you read some of his adult fiction (only for adults mind. Subject matter and language get very mature) you'll see that he can fart symphonies. Incredibly gross and incredibly imaginative all at once.

The fact that this book involves two of the biggest antiheroes who get their comeuppance at the end, and I remember it 18 years after I read it at least means it at least deserves four stars, but because the other reviewer is so unfair in the one star that they gave it I'm going to be unfair in the other direction!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Twits by Roald Dahl, 14 Mar 2003
This review is from: The Twits (Paperback)
The Twits is one of Roald Dahls shorter & less famous children's novels. The Twits are a repulsive elderly couple who do mean things to each other. Some of the details and ideas in this book are disgusting! I still remember the bit about the worms and the spaghetti fifteen years later. It's screamingly funny. But it's never too horrible to give children nightmares and there's always enough humour for children to love it.
Any child aged 6 to 9 will adore this book to bits. Most adults will wonder what the fuss is about. Therefore it's perfect younger childrens book. This was one of my favourites when I was a child and I used to take great delight in reading the nastiest bits out loud to my mother (who pretended to be shocked). The literary equivalent of a whoopie cushion.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great children's book, 29 Sep 2001
This review is from: The Twits (Paperback)
Mr and Mrs Twit are mean - in fact very mean - to each other; they play tricks on each other, which appeal to your sense of humour. They are cruel to birds - who hates birds? They're also horrible to Muggle-Wumps, a friendly group of monkeys. However, when the Roly-Poly Bird arrives the birds and Muggle-Wumps manage to turn the tables on the Twits (quite literally).
Roald Dahl's story is clever and cleverly funny. I couldn't think of a child between six and nine not enjoying this - or any of his other 'classics', 'Fantastic Mr. Fox', 'The BFG', and 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' to name but a few. This is a very good child's book, written by the best children's author of all time - is there any better? - supported by superb illustrations by Quentin Blake, so you can really hate the Twits.

4.0 out of 5 stars Children's Reviews (Year 3), 11 May 2013
This review is from: The Twits (Kindle Edition)
CHILD REVIEW -- Ollie:

'The Twits' is my favourite book because it tells you about the author, and the illustrator, at the back of the book and it's a brilliant book.
I don't like the pictures because they are in black and white. I don't like black and white because it was around in the olden days.
The characters are called Mr & Mrs Twit, the Roly-Poly Bird and the Muggle-Wump monkeys. The Twits have got excellent names because they are twits!

CHILD REVIEW -- Sam:

I like 'The Twits' because it is funny when the monkeys play a trick on the Twits.
The characters are called Mr Twit, Mrs Twit, the Roly-Poly Bird and the Muggle-Wump monkeys.
I like the pictures because they are black and white. The pictures are good because they tell the story.
I would rate this book four stars out of five.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hairy!, 12 Feb 2008
This review is from: The Twits (Paperback)
Plot: Mr and Mrs Twit are always playing pranks on each other like Mr Twit put a frog under Mrs Twit's bed sheets so she put some worms in her husband's spaghetti and she covered it in tomato sauce, sprinkling cheese on top! The Twits are a pair of revolting people. They never wash, they hate children and they catch birds for yucky bird pie!

An author fact: Roald Dahl kept an old school exercise book for putting in his book ideas; for The Twits it simply said `do something against beards'!

Rating and recommendation: I would rate it 7/ 10; I would recommend it to all Roald Dahl fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Roald Dahl's Done It Again!, 9 Sep 2005
Max (England, Milton Keynes) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Twits (Hardcover)
I am a humongous fan of Roald Dahl's classic tales, I've seen, read and got everything by him, when I read Roald Dahl's The Twits it spellbinded me! It is sinsiter, but very fast-paced and witty and very good chracters! I want to be a children's writer like Roald Dahl, my hero and I must say The Twits is my favroite Roald Dahl story, apart from Roald Dahl's James & The Giant peach! I love ya, Roald Dahl! I hope I'll be a world-famous short story writer for children like you! Bye!

5.0 out of 5 stars Roald Dahl's twisted tale of the terrible Mr. & Mrs. Twit, 25 Jun 2004
This review is from: The Twits (Paperback)
One of the very important things this book teaches you is that if you have ugly thoughts, it begins to show on your face. That explains why Mrs. Twit, who always carries a walking stick with which to beat people, is the ugliest woman you have ever seen. However, Mr. Twit, with his dirty beard encrusted with bits and pieces of every meal he had every eaten, is even worse. Fortunately, these two horrible people spend most of their time making each other miserable with twisted practical jokes involving things like a glass eye, a frog or a bunch of balloons, as you will discover when you read this book by Roald Dahl. But then we learn that Mr. Twit likes to catch birds for Wednesday's Bird Pie dinner and that his grand plan is to train four monkeys kept in a cage in the garden to become The Great Upside-Down Monkey Circus. This is not a good thing. Not at all. Fortunately, this particular family of monkeys, named the Muggle-Wumps, are aided by the Roly-Poly Bird in turning the tables on the Twists. When I was reading "The Twists" as part of my most recent second-childhood, I thought this was a relatively minor Roald Dahl story, enhanced by Quetin Blake's zany illustrations. But when I found out the great plan of the father Muggle-Wump for the Twits and realized the Dreaded Shrinks were not simply a figment of Mr. Twit's imagination, I decided this was really just another one of his wonderful books and that I should have known better than to doubt him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its brill !!, 8 April 2002
This review is from: The Twits (Paperback)
Twits is a brilliant book for children of all ages. I've read the book my self and its got fab explanations;it describes Mr and Mrs Twit the best . Its got a good story line its about two most discusting people in the world that live in a gloomy house and are old and definetly not normal. I'd recommend this book to any child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Twits, 15 May 2014
This review is from: The Twits (Kindle Edition)
This book will be very interesting for children aged between 7-8. The muggle-wumps are very cheeky monkeys. Mr and Mrs Twit are horrible people but sometimes they are very unkind. You will feel very sorry for the monkeys as they were treated badly by The Twits. The horrible part was when Mr Twit tried to stick the birds to the tree for his Bird Pie. Some parts are really gross. Mr and Mrs Twit didn't make the right choices and they were very spiteful. The muggle-wump family were very clever because they tricked The Twits and turned their house upside down. My favourite part was when The Twits shrank back into their bodies.I also liked it when Mr Twit ate worms thinking it was a special spaghetti dish. Buy this book if you like horrid people. You won't be able to stop reading it.

4.0 out of 5 stars 1 of the best books iv read, 4 July 2004
This review is from: The Twits (Paperback)
The twits is about two old people (Mr and Mrs twit) and they are always getting on each others nerves. They like to annoy each other. They are nasty to each other and other people/animals. In there back garden, they have some monkeys. Each day the Twits make them stand on their heads and do tricks. Birds come over and sit on their roofs (Mr and Mrs Twit) and the Twits want to do something about it. But it all turns around when the Birds and monkey have a plan!
I thought this book was very good and enjoyable. I enjoyed reading it very much. They was always doing different things to one another and it got very interesting1 it made you want to read on. I would recommend this book for a age 10-14. The book was easy to understand and get along with. This was one of the best books I have read before.

The Twits
The Twits by Roald Dahl (Hardcover - 2 Sep 2010)
7.09