4.0 out of 5 stars Blood, tin, straw
I generally like Sharon Olds' writing a lot but by the time I reached the end of this volume (I took time to digest it) I felt that I had heard enough about her sexual organs and experiences. That said, the writing is well crafted.
Published 2 months ago by Red Robie

3.0 out of 5 stars Olds fails to crest wave
Published on 11 April 2001

4.0 out of 5 stars Blood, tin, straw, 23 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Blood, Tin, Straw (Cape poetry) (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars Olds fails to crest wave, 11 April 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Blood, Tin, Straw (Cape poetry) (Paperback)
Olds' work seemed to come to some sort of climax with the cathartic, and compelling, The Father. Since then, Olds has published The Wellspring and, now, Blood, Tin, Straw; both cannot avoid retreading old ground, ground which Olds seemed to have firmly left behind in The Father. The book does, of course, have its moments of genius, My Father's Diary: "TENNIS WITH LOIS / LOIS / OH MY GOD, LOIS / WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE SUCH A GRIL?"
I paraphrase.

Blood, Tin, Straw (Cape poetry)
Blood, Tin, Straw (Cape poetry) by Sharon Olds (Paperback - 27 July 2000)