5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully produced volume of timeless stories
Published on 1 Feb. 2005 by c westwood

3.0 out of 5 stars A sampler of all your favourite Dahl stories & characters
The Roald Dahl Treasury is a feast of all those much loved characters and stories, poems and illustrations and is so tighly packed together in one volume that the reader can't help but be left breathless and disappointed.
Published on 3 Oct. 2001 by stacey.stamp@btinternet.com

3.0 out of 5 stars A sampler of all your favourite Dahl stories & characters, 3 Oct. 2001
This review is from: The Roald Dahl Treasury (Hardcover)
Each extract is so carefully chosen as to either quicken the heart, make you sqirm on the edge of your seat or make you laugh until your sides hurt, so much so that you are left with a need to know exactly how each adventure unfolds, how every unsavoury aunt gets her come-uppance, how every Charlie gets his winning ticket.
I love each and every Dahl story and I bought this treasury for my 6 year old son, to read with him and to read to him. I have found every extract frustratingly short. I do like the passages from Dahl about how he created characters and how he found inspirations. I much enjoyed the pieces from Ralph Steadman and Ophelia Dahl but as a treasury for an already avid fan? It is an marvellously irritating piece of marketing which I am sure will lead to most parents being led to their nearest bookstore to buy full versions of their children's favourites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully produced volume of timeless stories, 1 Feb. 2005
I bought this for my 4.5 -year-old niece at Christmas, something for her to grow into, and her Mum to read to her from. She has been wrapped up in it ever since. The thematic sections work wonderfully, the stories are in sensible sized sections for bedtime reading, and Quentin Blake's drawings are as appealing as ever to little people. A great price too for a chunky, glossy volume of writing which will stand years of frequent reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars A trip down memory lane, 9 Sept. 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Roald Dahl Treasury (Hardcover)
This is a well put together and beautifully illustrated book. Extracts from some of his best work reminded me of why I enjoyed his work so much. There are also bits of previously unpublished lines included. The drawings are definitely the winning factor of this book though. Well worth it for an enthusiast or first time reader.

1.0 out of 5 stars Frustrated, 10 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Roald Dahl Treasury (Hardcover)
On receiving this book as a christmas present I wrongly assumed it would contain several of Roald Dahls books. I have been frustrated to find both Matilda and the Twits stop after a few chapters. I am now having to spend 10 pounds on buying both those books. I agree with the comment that said this is a marketing stunt. Better to spend a few more pounds and buy the collection not the treasury.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 14 Nov. 2009
L. Uba (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Roald Dahl Treasury (Hardcover)
I ordered this for my son's 6th Birthday and it is fabulous. I think it is actually more a present for me as i loved Roald Dahl growing up and i had forgotten truly how marvellous his imagination is. We are all enjoying it very much and it will be a book that i hope he will treasure long in to his adult hood.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing, 5 Mar. 2012
This review is from: The Roald Dahl Treasury (Hardcover)
I can honestly say, hand on heart, that these stories changed my life. As a child I was not even remotely interested in books, not one bit. I would dig for worms or play Cinderella but sit and read or be read to, no thank you. I can remember as though it was yesterday (and not 20 odd years ago) it was pouring rain - the type that even puts off the meanest of dogs - so there was no chance we were visiting the beach, instead my father sat me down with my rabbit, we curled up on bean bags with blankets and he read me Matilda. I have read everyday since, the biggest and fullest room in my house is my library (I have thousands of books and no space to house new adventures) but I will never stop and I can thank Roald Dahl for my lifelong obsession with reading.

This book is beautifully presented and a true treasure, exactly what you should expect with the name Roald Dahl on the front cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful!, 23 Sept. 2011
This review is from: The Roald Dahl Treasury (Hardcover)
Beautifully illustrated book! A perfect first Roald Dahl book for your litle ones, my children are 6 and 7 and they are fasinated by the stories, and they find the revolting rhymes (especially little red riding hood) hysterical! would recommend to any parent wishing to get their children interested in Roald Dahl!!

4.0 out of 5 stars For the first time buyer, 28 Jun. 2012
This review is from: The Roald Dahl Treasury (Hardcover)
This has to be the best book to read if you have never read Rolad Dahl or if you want to buy a Roald Dahl book but not sure witch one. This book had recipies from revolting recipie extracts from The Twits and other books and it also has full stories from Rhyme Stew and Revolting Rhymes (Older readers will enjoy.) So weather you want to read some of the best or want to see what book to buy the kids this is agreay buy it's a hard back too

5.0 out of 5 stars A treasure for a grand daughter, 9 Jun. 2012
Roald Dahl a truly great writer for Children interesting, unexpected surprising and funny and thought provoking encourages a very open view of the world
What else would you wish to give a child
Lovely book with amusing and colurful illustrations
Perfect for parents to red as it wont bore them and then the child can read it themselves as reading skills develop
Amazon make this choice easy and possible
MW

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book, 2 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Roald Dahl Treasury (Hardcover)
I bought this as a Christening present for a boy.
Thought that he'd get more enjoyment from it that a silver mug or such like.
We had a look through it before handing it over and were bowled over.
The illustrations are superb and I'd quite forgotten how wonderfully funy and sbversive Roald Dahl is.
A lovey, lovely book, if you're at all in doubt about buying it please don't be.

The Roald Dahl Treasury
The Roald Dahl Treasury by Roald Dahl (Hardcover - 25 Sept. 1997)