5.0 out of 5 stars A Marvellous Book!
This is a wonderful book. The pictures weave a beautiful story based around Christmas. I am a teacher and have used the book as a stimulus for creative writing many times, A Small Miracle inspires children to produce the most incredible stories. I have yet to find a person, child or adult who does not enjoy and feel moved by this book.
Published on 8 Dec. 2001 by Mrs. H. M. Lewis

3.0 out of 5 stars quite a good book
I like this book (it was recommended to me) but I'm not sure it is actually quite what I had in mind. Lovely illistrations.
Published 23 months ago by Mrs. Karen L. Warne

5.0 out of 5 stars A Marvellous Book!, 8 Dec. 2001
Mrs. H. M. Lewis "take that fan" (In my lounge) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic, 2 Nov. 2007
Jadi (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Small Miracle (Hardcover)
This book is quite hard to get hold of;snap it up if you see a copy.I have read this book to many infant classes over the years,and their excitement at the picture of the nativity figures moving over the snow to rescue the old lady is always a delight to see. Magic.

5.0 out of 5 stars An enchanting picture book story for Christmas, 1 Mar. 2000
This review is from: A Small Miracle (Hardcover)
One of the most delightful picture books I have seen. A wordless story with detailed, meticulous illustrations. A set of Nativity figures briefly come to life to help a penniless, hungry old woman on Christmas Eve. My daughter aged 4 loved it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful and meaningful story, 20 Feb. 2000
This review is from: A Small Miracle (Hardcover)
A wonderful book for all ages. It has a lovely moral. We studyed the book at school and everyone loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars One I return to year after year....., 22 Nov. 2012
This review is from: A Small Miracle (Hardcover)
As a teacher I use this book with a variety of age groups as the messages can be accessed at different levels. Makes for a good contemporary treatment of the Nativity but also addresses social issues sensitively leading to some wonderful PSHCE lessons and questions the real meaning of Christmas and the reason for Jesus' birth.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, 9 Dec. 2010
This review is from: A Small Miracle (Paperback)
I don't understand why this beautiful book and the dvd hasn't yet become established as a classic. The summary is that an old lady, poor, hungry, cold and marginalised, stops to rescue the crib-scene figures who have been scattered around a church by a robber. She then collapses in the snow on her way home. Who comes to help her: the little figures from the crib-scene. They take her home, repair her wooden caravan, go to the supermarket (yes) to buy her food. She wakes up to a warm, cosy caravan, a full cupboard, and a big Christmas dinner, with no idea of how it all happened. This is the best Christmas book I know.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Small Miracle, 17 Nov. 2010
This review is from: A Small Miracle (Hardcover)
A little know and under-used story. I have used it many times with classes of children. They and I never cease to be amazed and it brings a real sense of awe and wonder. When I first bought it I wished it had words but now recognise its value for stimulating language and discussions with children. The message is powerful and often brings a tear to the eye.
A very special book.

3.0 out of 5 stars quite a good book, 9 Feb. 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars A Book For All Ages, 2 Dec. 1999
This review is from: A Small Miracle (Hardcover)
A simple picture book with no words so it can be read by all ages. We studied this book at school and found it really interesting. It has a moral but is not based on one so if you like morals or not this is the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book, 5 Jan. 2015
This review is from: A Small Miracle (Paperback)
Beautiful book Used in Christmas RE lesson PROVOKED LOTS OF INTERESTING DISCUSSION

A Small Miracle
A Small Miracle by Peter Collington (Hardcover - 2 Oct. 1997)
Used & New from: £6.56