5.0 out of 5 stars Immerse yourself in beauty
Published on 30 Nov 2004 by Lucy W

2.0 out of 5 stars This book .......
..............does not appeal to me. I have triedn reading it especially as I have read some of her other books and enjoyed them. Sadly I gave up on this after about twenty pages. As someone once said to me - 'why struggle to read a book your not enjoying when there are millions out there waiting for you'. That's my philosophy now.
Published 9 days ago by G. G

5.0 out of 5 stars Immerse yourself in beauty, 30 Nov 2004
This is one of my favourite books ever - and I have even got Winterson to sign my well thumbed copy. It is beautiful, emotional and clever. Some may say too clever, but I say enjoy it... don't worry if you can't understand all of it - treat it like a poem, a piece of music or painting and enjoy the experience. Meaning abounds from this book. For anyone looking for that hidden depth in life, this book is for you.

2.0 out of 5 stars This book ......., 30 Jun 2014
G. G "Gold" (Cheshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect book, 8 Feb 2000
By A Customer
This is a perfect book. A total book. One may not always agree with Winterson's constant assertions, but one is certainly made to think. It is very powerful and makes some of the most fascinating links between history and future that i have ever come across. It made me laugh, cry and, most importantly, think. It's hard work at first (& a little confusing) but well worth it in the end. Winterson is a genius.Read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best novels I have ever read., 10 Dec 2000
By A Customer
The quotes that Winterson writes are insightful into the minds of young women, and the range of emotions that they go through. My first girlfriend began reading it to me and then she gave me her copy, and I fell in love with her more that I had to go and get a copy that I could underline, and recite. I have given the book to two women who were important to me, fellow Catholics, who are just as disallusioned by the church as I am. "Catholics are encouraged to express their emotions as long as the emotions they express are Catholic ones." I am also in the medical field so the phrases from Handel I found to be especially true. I would highly reccomend it to anyone who wanted to explore the vastness dicotomy of the church, medicine, art and lies.

2.0 out of 5 stars Discoloured pages, 20 Oct 2013
Book was not as described it very good condition. Pages are discoloured and brown at the edges, difficult to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jeanette Winterson, 22 Feb 2013
Mrs. Julie A. Collison (London) - See all my reviews
Great item, arrived promptly in good condition, it was very helpful to find the product I wanted at such short notice

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 28 Nov 2012
arrived in great condition the item itself is exceptional. all jeanette winterson books should be read. preferably out loud. thanks

Art and Lies
Art and Lies by Jeanette Winterson (Hardcover - 23 Jun 1994)
Used & New from: 0.01