5.0 out of 5 stars A truly amazing life
Published 1 month ago by Mr. H. S. Arloff

3.0 out of 5 stars I think this book has the wrong synopsis
This is a book about George Blake the spy, not about fashion photography.
Published on 4 Nov 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly amazing life, 28 May 2014
Mr. H. S. Arloff "Steve Arloff" (Bradford, West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Actually my wife snaffled this first so I'm waiting for her to finish reading it so that I can but from what she's told me I can't wait. She has found it totally absorbing and like reading a novel except that "you couldn't make it up". What's interesting to speculate upon when reading any "spy" literature is that if the theory of Mutually Assured Destruction (with its telling acronym MAD) holds water then we should be pleased that there were those who spied for the Soviet Union. The argument is that they did us all a service by helping them get the bomb and thus ensuring that the theory could operate and prevent it from being used again and thus a nuclear war from occurring whereas when only the Americans had it they used it! A further review will ensue after I've read it.

3.0 out of 5 stars I think this book has the wrong synopsis, 4 Nov 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: No Other Choice: An Autobiography (Hardcover)
This is a book about George Blake the spy, not about fashion photography.

No Other Choice: An Autobiography
No Other Choice: An Autobiography by George Blake (Hardcover - Sep 1990)
Used & New from: 0.01