5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite childhood story, 3 May 2014
Ms E. R. Anderson "Beth" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Tyger Voyage (Hardcover)
I'm so pleased to read other reviews of this wonderful book as it was my favourite bedtime story as a child too. It has a very special place on my heart and is such a beautiful story. The illustrations are wonderful and I used to dream about them as a little girl. A beautiful book and I hope many other children get to hear this story.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Delight., 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Tyger Voyage (Hardcover)
Richard Adams, better known for his "Watership Down" story, later filmed, is here seen in a very different guise. This is a quite delightful rhyming tale, original and whimsical and full of warmth and charm. It is also quite beautifully illustrated by Nicola Bayley. It was a roaring success with my children and is no less warmly appreciated by my grandchildren. As with all the best children's stories it has a strong appeal for adults too. Sadly, it is now rather neglected but is well worth the effort to track down.

5.0 out of 5 stars A childhood classic, 7 Jun 2012
This review is from: The Tyger Voyage (Hardcover)
As a pre-reader, this was my absolute favourite bedtime story. Now, as an adult, having bought another copy (and I still have my original copy from the '70s), memories, moods and mesmerising magic are brought back in a flash as I turn each page.
Seldom do you find a book which marries such a beautifully written rhyming story with such exquisite and detailed art work so successfully.
I recommend this book wholeheartedly for its timeless appeal to any generation of children.

The Tyger Voyage
The Tyger Voyage by Richard Adams (Hardcover - 20 May 1976)
Used & New from: 0.01