on 6 April 2015
Claire was a master in her field, she has helped countless people through the bewilderment of anxiety based conditions by teaching them how their own body works and showing them that they are not 'going mad' despite how some of the severest symptoms feel.. she has helped so many rise up from the dreaded downward spiral of anxiety/agoraphobia and depression without pills, or with, if they choose.

'I am beyond help', 'I am too far gone', 'I have suffered too long to have any hope of being well again', 'it's been so long since I was well, I've forgotten what it felt like'.. have you ever said any of these? Or all of them? If so, please read this, you will need no other book as this lady's teachings and deep compassion surpass all others

Her books were my bibles to which I constantly dipped in and out of throughout my own long, lonely battle with these conditions, they were a lifeline

This is one of the earlier prints of her books which still contains the old terminology, I prefer this to the revised versions, I found this version even more reassuring, maybe because it emphasizes how many years this magic lady devoted to helping those of us who needed her, in days when we were almost in danger of becoming the 'forgotten few'
on 11 March 2009
I was given this book when I was at my lowest and thought my life was going to be filled with psychiatrists and it truely saved me. It was like Dr. Weekes was speaking solely to me as her advice was so profound. For anyone who suffers with anxiety do not go past this book, it is truely the only one you will need to get you on the right track. 5/5
on 4 March 2009
If you suffer from an anxiety-related disorder in any of its manifestations - CFS/ME, Panic Attack, unexplained body symptoms, depression etc. - then this is a book that will tell you what is going on and how to recover. Indeed, most of today's leading cures for anxiety conditions borrow heavily from the work and proven methods of Dr Claire Weekes. Given that the book was written some time ago, some of the terminology might seem dated - the use of the term 'nervous breakdown' for example - but if the reader takes the time to understand the core message - that cure lies in understanding, acceptance, practice and patience - then they will be rewarded, in time, with inner peace and good health. The author's recordings on the same topic are a must-have companion to this book.
on 13 February 2014
I bought this book for a friend. I have my own copy that I've had for 30 years.I wouldn't get rid of it,as I occasionally read it. It helped me to recover from very bad nerves and agoraphobia.Claire Weekes is brilliant and she knows her stuff about anxiety.
on 5 September 2014
What can you say about doctor claire weekes, a wonderful woman, who knew the about how people feel when suffering from the anxiety state, the book has got me through years of doubt, panic, and anxiety, you will not be dissapointed if you purchase this book.
on 12 May 2014
I would recommend this book to anyone suffering with panic attacks, depression or just nervous about going or doing. Very nicely written, easy to follow and good recommendations for moving forward. It took 10 days to arrive but I would not go anywhere without the book. Good reference aid.
on 14 December 2015
very good advice, well worth a read to try and find peace of mind.
on 15 July 2015
Superb !!!.
on 9 April 2016
A superb insight into how the mind works
on 16 November 2014