5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful and interesting, 28 Jun 2010
This review is from: Abnormal Psychology (Paperback)
I bought this book for one of my modules in my psychology degree. I bought the hardback version, and at first, thought the price was very steep. However, when I read through the book, I realised why it was expensive. The book is so interesting, and the way it is laid out makes it very easy to read. There is a handy DSM-IV-TR classification list at the beginning (useful reference page for students), an overview at the beginning of each chapter, feature boxes (which focus on the application on research to everyday life), unresolved issues boxes (at the end of some chapters, which give an insight into the future of the field), examples of psychology case studies, and DSM-IV-TR boxes (which outline the diagnostic criteria for a disorder). This book covers all the major psychological disorders, and even has a chapter on contemporary and legal issues in abnormal psychology.
This is the most interesting psychology book I have ever had, and I would strongly recommend it to anyone, especially any undergraduate psychology students.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly divided by topic, 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: Abnormal Psychology (Paperback)
Bought under recommendation for my Uni course, which was so useful, but have kept because it is so interesting. Discusses the history of disorders, aetiology and treatment in great detail. Really well organised.

5.0 out of 5 stars An invaluable tome, 8 Dec 2009
I. A. Wright "Ian Wright" (Didcot, Oxon, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Abnormal Psychology (Paperback)
If you're a student of psychology or have some other reason for a personal interest in the subject, this huge tome is truly worth its considerable weight. I bought the paperback edition--a false economy. The 800+ 22.8 cm by 27 cm pages need solid backing to manage their floppiness. The book provides an excellent and fairly comprehensive introduction to many aspects of abnormal psychology.

Abnormal Psychology
Abnormal Psychology by Jill M. Hooley (Paperback - 2 Jan 2009)
Used & New from: 7.75