Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 October 2000
I have used and recommended earlier editions of this book for my courses on Multimedia programming at degree level in MM degrees. The Director 8 version is as good if not better than earlier editions. Not only do I use it as a teaching reference, but I continue to use it as a professional developer.
on 9 November 2000
I considered myself to be fairly adept at Director and was wondering why I would need this book.
I never regreted it.
Everything you ever wanted to know about the ins and outs of Director are easily accessable in one single book. I wouldn't dream of using Director now without it! The tutorials are quite easy enough to do, but it is the latter stages where the this comes into it's own. Every piece of Lingo script you could possibly imagine is here!
Brilliant.
on 17 May 2010
Even though I now use Director MX, I still usually turn to this book, even though it relates to an earlier version. Its explanations are clear, information is easy to find and it comes (or should come) with a very useful CD containing royalty-free effects and sound files along with sources for all the demos shown in the book.