5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for first-time users
Published on 10 Feb. 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars I have to disagree...
Published on 13 April 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for first-time users, 10 Feb. 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: PageMaker 6.5: For Windows (Visual QuickStart Guides) (Paperback)
I had never used PageMaker before but had to learn it quickly in order to update a document. This book was exactly what I needed. I read the sections that I needed (about 70% of the book) in one day and by late afternoon I was updating my document. I especially like that the relevant pictures are right next to the text. I could follow along very easily without having to duplicate everything on my own computer screen. Highly recommended for first-time users that need to learn PM 6.5 quickly.

1.0 out of 5 stars I have to disagree..., 13 April 1999
By A Customer
This guide is too poorly written to be of use to the beginner, and not thorough enough to be of use to anyone with some Adobe experience. It completely omits important functions (like text-wrap) and repeats many more obvious functions. I expect that the 'For Dummies' book, though geared towards web publishing, would be much more useful to any reader. The Alspach book refers the reader to the Pagemaker User Guide whenever a complicated procedure needs detailing.

PageMaker 6.5: For Windows (Visual QuickStart Guides)
PageMaker 6.5: For Windows (Visual QuickStart Guides) by Ted Alspach (Paperback - 5 Sept. 1997)
Used & New from: £0.01