on 15 October 1999
The other reviewrs have said it all really. This is a concise, well-written, easy to understand guide for the beginner. The layout of the book is excellent, with plenty of step-by-step examples as figures, as well as bullet pointed tips.
In fact, although I started web page design with MS Frontpage, I'm now venturing into Notepad (!) as a way of getting what I want, and not what FP wants!!
Thank you Elizabeth Castro.....
on 19 January 1999
This book had me publishing my first basic web page within hours of opening it. It allows you to quickly get a grasp of the basics and then gradually add more complex features such as frames. It takes you through it all slowly, allowing you to get a good grasp of all of HTML's features. In fact, it made it all seem so easy that I only use 'Notepad' to write my code, prefering to use raw HTML rather than a commercial program to produce my pages.
on 24 December 1998
I had decided to make a web page, but couldn't get a handle on this HTML thing. I didn't want an instruction book that went too deep too fast. I found this to be the ideal start. Each section is full of worked examples with very clear instructions and explanations. Not only that, but all the HTML code is available from the publishers' web site.
Ms Castro's writing style makes the subject easy to understand without becoming condescending. As a teacher myself, I appreciate that a lot.
If you're looking for an instruction book on HTML with a learning curve that is not too steep, try this one. You will not be disappointed.
on 23 March 1999
I came to this book knowing almost no HTML - and it was wonderful. It divides the topics (Text Formating, Images, Tables, Frames, Style Sheets etc) into chapters, and then explains step by step how to implement them. It was constantly by my side as I got to grips with writing HTML, and made everything clear. If you want a book that concentrates on how to write basic HTML - then get this one.
on 3 March 1999
This is a great start for anyone intrested in using HTML4. As a guide it is an excellent investment and clear and concise, and a real bargain!