on 7 November 1997
Alan and Mark Watt accomplished to do an almost impossible task. They explained the most complex techniques in such a simple way that even ordinary people can understand them, not only pHD researchers on advanced mathematics!!! From modelling 3D objects to rendering using ray-trace techniques, from illumination models to soft object animation, everything is there. If you are looking for ONE book on 3D computer graphics, you should consider this one seriously.
on 15 May 1999
I'm ordering another copy of this, because like the other people I know who program renderers, I've loaned out yet another copy that I'm having trouble getting back. This is one of the classic overviews of rendering techniques, and particularly for its age is an extraordinary book. Though if you program anything involving rendering or other 3D graphics, don't you already own this book?
on 26 November 1998
This is the most usful book about CG in my shelf. It is a must-have for those who need to work on computer graphics!