Artificial Intelligence
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:£53.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

I bought this book to prepare myself for an introductory AI class. The book gave me a good overview on the different aspects of Artificial Intelligence, but it didn't go into any depth at all.
First of all I think this book lacked a good historical and philosophical introduction.
Then, if you are not a computer science student, you might enjoy reading the chapters about search etc, but for a CS major this is stuff you alrady know better than what is written in this book!
The book also misses a good overview on logic and how logic is used for automated reasoning in AI. There are a few applications for which they use logic but I found them (because of lack of a good AR) rather confusing at first.
The rest of the book gives a good high level overview on different aspects of learning, vision, natural language processing, ... but don't expect anything thourough.
I woul recommend this book to a interested reader in need for a good overview and willing to learn some applications and algorithms. For a CS major I would recommend: "Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach" which is much more technical and covers a lot more.
on 5 August 2000
Where is the 4th edition. This book is brilliant, it is clear, full of examples and covers all the key principles of AI in one book. For practical support LisP (by Winston and Horn) is excellent for putting the theory into practice.
on 6 August 2014
As expected and fast delivery
on 12 June 2015