5.0 out of 5 stars Useful and Elegant, 1 July 1997
This review is from: Cascading Style Sheets: Designing for the Web (Paperback)
I often come across books on web design that I think are not particularly well designed. So I was pleasantly surprised that, although the title "Cascading Style Sheets" sounded relatively boring next to titles such as "Sizzling Killer Web Sites that Make You Millions!", this book delivers and more. In fact, I think it's one of the most elegant technical books I have ever read. The writing is authoritative, clear and practical. And because the book's design and typography is so well-crafted and attractive, it's inspirational just flipping through its pages!

Good going, Guys!

-Ben

5.0 out of 5 stars The only CSS book needed!, 27 Jun. 1998
This review is from: Cascading Style Sheets: Designing for the Web (Paperback)
Simply put, if you are interested in gaining more control over your web page and are up to learn CSS buy this book now. You just can't get any better. I'm writing the scripts up like they do with my own text and applying styles to it like they show and this really gets you in to it. The first day I had it, I wrote out a small simply script and came back the next day and had deleted the file, and wrote it all again from memory. This book is effective and amazing. All I can say is buy it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good but maybe not for beginners, 3 Nov. 1998
This review is from: Cascading Style Sheets: Designing for the Web (Paperback)
It's a great reference book on CSS.

Cascading Style Sheets: Designing for the Web
Cascading Style Sheets: Designing for the Web by Bert Bos (Paperback - 22 May 1997)
Used & New from: £0.01