5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 25 April 2010
Mr. David Davies "Sapphire Sam" (England, UK) - See all my reviews
What a great read; I could not put it down. I was 23 when the 'crisis' happened and often wondered what really went on behind the scenes. Although I also enjoyed the film based on Bobby Kennedy's book, it made far too much of O'Donnell's part in the plot; I thought it implausible that he would have had so much influence(probably Kevin Costner insisted on being ''the man'' who saved the world!).
I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 24 Sep 2011
Mr. Connor Brailsford (England) - See all my reviews
I brought this book for my a level history coursework to use as a source, it was brilliant, it gave me arguments for across time and over time with different view points for each, after nearly every paragraph they would have a box where they asked a question and answered it which was realy useful for me as it gave me my points. For people who haven't read anything on the cuban missile crisis before then this might be a good start, its not a large book and can be read within a few hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good reminder, 9 Dec 2010
This is an excellent account of those chilling two weeks in October 1962 when we came close to nuclear war. Read it and think about the possibility of nuclear war today.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good introduction to the Cuban Missile Crisis., 12 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Cuban Missile Crisis: A Concise History (Paperback)
If you are looking to learn about what happened during the Cuban Missile Crisis, then look no further. This book outlines the causes of it, and examines why the Soviets placed the miles there while also explaining the role of ExComm and how a settlement was finally made between the Soviet Union and the United States. It's a great introduction for casual readers with an interest in history or someone studying it at high school or university. My only complaint is that is it a bit concise, as the title says, and if you want to explore the crisis in more detail further reading is needed.

The Cuban Missile Crisis: A Concise History
The Cuban Missile Crisis: A Concise History by David A. Welch (Paperback - 25 Aug 2011)