5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Kindle iPhone purchase
I recently had the 2011 paper version and decided away from the 2013 paper version due to the fact that the cover has changed from the durable plastic to paperback! As response officers will know we need something 'bobbyproof' so I did not fancy ruining a brand new book. That's when I thought about the Kindle version...
I must admit I was slightly put off by the...
Published 20 months ago by Fez

2.0 out of 5 stars Changed Cover
Book Purchased 2 weeks ago.
The book itself is very informative with lots of good information, but the outer cover has been changed from a plastic type (as previouse editions)that would protect the book while being carried around to a normal card type, it is already showing signs of wear. I do not think that it is fit to be carried around and used regularly. This the...
Published on 26 Sep 2012 by jickey10

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Kindle iPhone purchase, 1 April 2013
I must admit I was slightly put off by the price (£18 for something I can't hold/have in my bag) but think about it...how many times do we go to jobs and sometimes need a quick look at either a point to prove, section of the law to be 100% sure about etc etc...and what better place to have it than on my iPhone 5, in my WORK FOLDER!
This is an invaluable piece of kit to have in your iPhone tool box!!!
Buy it now!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent replacement on the iPad, 5 Dec 2012
Had the earlier edition and wanted to get the newer updated version, bit concerned about it being a paperback as I didn't think it would stand up to the usage as the previous plastic covered one did. Then I decided to give kindle app a go and downloaded it onto my iPad. Brilliant, and the shift use it all the time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful ,up to date and convenient to use., 21 Aug 2014
Magos - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I downloaded the ebook version for Amazon Kindle as I wanted to have this book close to hand on my phone. Carrying a book around in work is not particularly convenient. The Police Operational Handbook is up to date with current legislation. In ebook format its easy to search for offences and various powers that are commonly encountered day to day. the Kindle versions is easy to navigate and read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy, 22 May 2014
This review is from: Blackstone's Police Operational Handbook 2014: Law (Blackstones Police Handbook) (Paperback)
i work as an ERO in a busy London Police Station. This book is perfect as a Quick reference guide. All the essential bits of information in a none complicated readable format, ideal for all my needs. A great reference for quick time decisions. Nice and compact, so it's always ever present in my bag. An absolute must

5.0 out of 5 stars Concise but Perfect, 11 Jan 2014
Up to date legislation in a small compact size - ideal to put in your kit bag or patrol bag and also incredibly useful if you're in training for PC, Special Constable or on any university courses relating to Policing. A Must-have item!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 22 Nov 2012
I have bought every one of these books since 2011 as they are brilliant, you get all the info you need about the legislation, points to prove, explanations of the points to prove, and useful tips and examples of previous case law. The only issue I have with this book which does not push it up to 5 stars is a mistake I found which is several years out of date, I have emailed the author twice now and the error has not been corrected. This dents my confidence in the book a little, but overall (and assuming there are no other mistakes - how would you know?) this book has been a godsend. I have recommended it to many of my colleagues who also rave over it. The best book I have found by far and can apply to all ranks due to its detailed but easily explained chapters

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 18 Mar 2014
I bought it as a reference book and it is well organised, up to date with excellent index and references.

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 11 Feb 2014
Excellent book we'll explain with good examples of stated cases. Easy to buy and use on iPad for use anywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must, 11 Oct 2013
For criminal law this book is an excellent reference. It is succinct and wastes no time in getting the info I need across to me. I love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book., 12 Sep 2013
There is no way I will read all of it, since I probably won't need to, but it's good to have all this information to hand as a when I need it.

I recommend.