VINE VOICEon 5 August 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As a child I was always engrossed in dictionaries, and found it a bit of a cheat that my Nana would have a thesaurus when attempting crosswords. I have found that Oxford were the easiest to navigate, and simple to use, and this Mini Thesaurus is no exception.
As well as acting as a normal thesaurus, Oxford have incorporated a simple 'word links' box which gives additional words for reference. This is a neat idea to assist in your linguistic understanding.
The mini thesaurus is obviously not as thorough as the full size version, but as a pocket version it is still a necessity around the house. I appreciate that computers may well be overtaking the written word in some regards, and indeed there are numerous online free thesauruses available, but I am sure that this is still the easiest way to cross reference words in your quest to defeat that tricky crossword. It therefore appears my Nana was right all along.
VINE VOICEon 16 August 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I must admit I have got quite lazy and tend to just right click over a word and get Microsoft to come up with a few simple thesaurus options for me when my brain struggles to do the job. I got this principally to show my daughter that print dictionaries and thesauruses are still valuable resources. The biggest difference being browsability - I have just lost ten minutes while writing this review as I git distracted reading through entries that I wouldn't have found with my right click. Just as an aside - mini is right - first off you need good eyesight - the type is very clear but my 47 year old eyes need their reading glasses - but it is also incredibly light - it weights a lot less than my phone.
on 12 August 2015
got this thesaurus as a gift for my niece and she loves it. The reference book is smaller than I expected and obviously the writing is small and difficult to see but still very good. I love the fact that you can go online to access further information. The pocket size is good for carrying around in school bag without the weight.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
It is small and compact and will fit in a thick pocket. It is easy to use and easy to read. It is well set out and up to date. juniors would have little difficulty
using it and is a good size for the school bag. Good for students and adults alike. Very good. Recommended.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 21 October 2013
Super handy little book for youngest to take to school.

Just the job especially if your child has to take into school both one of these and a dictionary as they do not take up as much room as the larger size ones. Both together are more like the size of just one full sized book. Can also fit into blazer pocket if needs be, but a little bit bulky.

All the words looked for so far have been found in this little book and that is the main reason for buying it.

Oxford is a name that has been around for a long time and hopefully this book will stand the rigour of school bag life.
VINE VOICEon 15 August 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a pocket thesaurus that belies its size with a huge database of words, both online and offline. With more than 500 pages it covers most words that you might need and it is bang up to date. The text is a little small for some eyes but once you get used to it that is less of a problem. Overall I would unhesitatingly recommend this thesaurus for any student or crossword/scrabble addict.
VINE VOICEon 29 July 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Although I have a well-thumbed/worn copy/version of Roget's Thesaurus, this beats it hands down/all ends up for ease of use/practicality. No more flicking/thumbing through to the index then back to the listing according to category - just an alphabetical list of synonyms to find just the right/correct/apposite/appropriate word.

A must-have for writers and crossword addicts alike.
VINE VOICEon 6 July 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
A lovely little book that has words with lots of suggested similar meaning, useful to not repeat yourself when doing emails or letters.
I'm not a crossword person but I know someone who uses this book for clues that she cannot get. Very small in size, I have the Oxford Dictionary which is a good companion to the Thesaurus.
Useful, easy to carry and handy if you like words..
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I got this for my ten year old daughter, it is a good size for putting in her schoolbag and is well laid out.

Once she got the concept of what a thesaurus is and does she has been making good use of it.

Nothing too convoluted or complicated, the vocabulary is not too out there so it is suitable for a younger reader.

Recommended.
on 22 December 2014
Good size for sons school bag and he uses it so must be ok! contains lots of useful info