on 13 May 2013
New Hart's Rules + Oxford Dictionary for Writers and Editors = New Oxford Style Manual!

This is a great reference book which is recommended to students and writers. In addition, a chapter discusses Science, Mathematics and Computing.

I bought this so I could polish my writing skills and to use as my children's reference.

This is not recommended if you are looking for a comprehensive dictionary.
on 7 June 2014
I'm completing a Masters degree in Translation and one of my tutors recommended this book. It is brilliant. Very clear and informative reference book. I would thoroughly recommend it for academic purposes and for professional writing and translation
on 18 October 2013
The British equivalent of the Chicago Manual of Style.
If you need to know how to use a colon, or how to format bibliographic references, then this book is for you. formally known as Hart's Rules, this volume also contains a surprisingly comprehensive dictionary of commonly misused or misspelt words.

Indispensable.
on 25 August 2013
At last I understand the Oxford comma. I have been writing for many years and been published in a variety of professional journals, having a copy of this years ago would have been useful to say the least. If you write buy it, if you are thinking about writing especially for journals then buy it.
on 2 September 2014
A solid reliable guide to writing clear modern English. Oxford reference books are here at their authoritative best. Serious writers might also want to use it together with the Chicago Style Manual, which IMO is slightly better if writing for an international English-speaking audience. You will, however, never regret buying this book.
on 11 August 2015
Very useful and authoritative. Some parts could be clearer, I have read for example some of the capitalisation passages 20 times but still can't confidently say I have understood it.

It needs more examples and few more explanations.
on 8 March 2015
Fast delivery, good price :)
on 15 March 2015
Very useful
on 1 May 2014
two old books put together.
very ugly type and fonts.
i was extremely