5.0 out of 5 stars Great combination
Two well written, large pocket sized books that are well worth getting. Mine are always to hand when on duty.
Published 7 months ago by Mr G Darch

3.0 out of 5 stars Good
Even though fourth edition, I did find it's not up to date to current practice. However, a good work companion for most basic ED stuff.
Published 13 months ago by R. Howell

5.0 out of 5 stars Great combination, 30 Aug 2013
This review is from: Oxford Handbook of Emergency Medicine Fourth Edition and Oxford Handbook of Pre-Hospital Care Pack (Oxford Medical Handbooks) (Flexibound)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, 19 Mar 2013
R. Howell "book dude" (England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comprehensive for pocket sized books, 29 Dec 2012
As a 2nd yr student paramedic I have been using these two books throughout my training and find them invaluable. The clear and comprehensive nature of these books have meant that they have become my first point of reference. Which is why I have had them out on permanent lone from the library since the start of my training. But as they go everywhere in my kit bag with me I have finally decided to bite the bullet and buy my own copies. For quick reference, clear concise data and compact size I would recommend these books to anyone involved in the fields of pre-hospital and emergency medical care. I would also suggest looking at the following three books... 'Assessment Skills for Paramedics' by Blaber / Harris, 'Oxford Handbook of Clinical Examination' by Thomas / Monaghan and the 'Oxford Assess and Progress Emergency Medicine' by Gupta'.

4.0 out of 5 stars Oxford medical handbooks, 23 April 2012
Very good product received in good order and good time. The only criticism I could make is that it is very Doctor focused (especially for the pre-hospital care book) and forgets to include the main actor of pre-hospital care: Paramedics. As a student paramedic myself, I must say I found it a bit disappointing, but the emergency medecine one is excellente !! I also have the clinical medecine handbook which is also excellente. I strongly recommend it !

ARRAY(0xa218c174)