Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 September 2012
I think the Oxford Dictionary and associated products such as the Thesaurus are the most comprehensive version. This thesaurus is easy to use and gives you little extra snippets of information.
on 31 January 2013
This thesaurus is proving 'just too good for words' ! it is now on the table at Sunday morning breakfast to assist with the 'crossword' if needed. No longer any need to switch this device on when struggling with a clue just refer this book.
on 18 May 2014
Unlike the ignoratti I know FINE WELL a thesaurus is no lumbering dinosaur. No! This is a tome manificenticus. Seeking to expand them words I knows I purchased the finest edition I could source on the Amazon. If you would so indulge my boldness, I would now like to proffer you a fresh and invigorating review utilising my newly expanded wordtopia:

Well, where do I start/begin/commence. This generous volume took some time to read, but by the end I felt most enlightened/educated/knowing what's what. There is not a single page that fails to prove its worth/value/avail/caliber. Using the Amazon's pentamerous/quinary/five'ish (I made that one up myself)/quinquennial rating system, I say top marks!
on 10 April 2013
The trick is to get enough options for a word while being able to manage the book itself. This seems about perfect. Easier to work with than my hardback that requires two hands to hold making page turning tricky. Much wider vocabulary than my pocket version.
on 29 April 2013
Little disapointed in that the words are American, but I should have really checked that.

Otherwise, it's easy to use, very informative and has been helpful. Definately worth buying.
on 26 May 2013
I am a big crossword addict and find this volume absolutely invaluable in my hobby. My last volume fell to pieces through so much use; I trust this one will be as valuable
on 5 December 2012
sentence example shows meaning of the word, along with sufficient synonyms.
very helpful for writing.
I will definitely recommend it!
on 28 March 2014
Excellent book my mum loves it - still takes her hours to do the crossword but at least she is not straining her eyes to read it - we need more big lettered books - because let's face it the older generation read a lot more from old fashioned books rather than kindles !!
on 6 October 2014
I looked up the word oligarch and it didn't have it ..... this is good value if you're not planning on using it for study - or perhaps it depends on what type of study. It's ok, it looks like I'll be using it with a dictionary more than on its own.
on 22 November 2012
This is great it has so much information,and helps me so much with crosswords.A valuable asset to the keen crossword addict.