Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 May 2013
As what's expected from the Oxford publications. Up to date with present day words and terms with the most useful synonyms first, and in comparison to my previous one much easier to find specific words. The centre pages has a Wordfinder on varying different topics, from clothing, language and literature to science. I recommend this to A-level students or someone with the basic needs to improve their grammer,spelling or writing.
on 7 April 2013
I have several dictionaries but I decided to buy a Thesaurus because it gives a bit extra when looking up a word. Obviously not the full meaning as a dictionary would , but alternative words which makes it very useful for doing crosswords.So once again got onto Amazon and found what I wanted.
on 15 February 2014
Brilliant. I took the time to look-up the word 'Thesaurus' in this easy-to-use paperback - imagine my surprise when I discovered that 'Thesaurus' has absolutely nothing to do with dinosaurs......learning has taken place! Buy this product, you too will be amazed at what you will learn.
on 22 January 2015
Bought it to replace a very dog-eared and tattered Collins thesaurus being used by my mother for crosswords. She is delighted with it although she is still hanging on the Collins remnants as she says some words are not included in the Oxford thesaurus. :-)
on 24 May 2014
Well this arrived very quickly and have had a quick look and it looks excellent. My old one was falling to bits and saw this at an excellent price so thought I would treat myself, and I am sure it will be as good as my last one if not better.
on 13 January 2015
Excellent. Great price and delivered fast next day delivery using Prime. Already in use heavily as I am doing a 3000 word essay project. Superb selection of words. Wat you'd expect from Oxford bods. Thanks amazon !!!
on 26 July 2014
This is what it is - a thesaurus. It has an additional section in the middle of the book - not sure why it couldn't have been at the end rather than interrupting the A - Z, but it is a nice addition to the book.
on 7 February 2014
A thesaurus is an essential reference book for a writer. It is a comfort to have this near to hand and, to date, every word I've searched for I have found. The best thesaurus in my opinion is the Oxford version.
on 8 March 2016
Use this to help me write my essays for university and can't fault it. Better and more diverse than using the internet, will be keeping it throughout my english degree and most probably after.
on 12 December 2012
I bought this thesaurus as my old one was falling apart. The format is different to my old one in certain aspects but I am getting to grips with it OK.. Very good for crossword puzzlers.