4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for and Politics or Journalism Student
We had to buy this book as part of our course requirement for our Public Administration module within my Journalism degree at university.

It is well set out and written in plain old English, making it easy to understand - always useful when dealing with politics.

Published on 8 Jun 2012 by Benjamon

1.0 out of 5 stars Treat this book with great caution
Published on 10 Oct 2012 by kate.f

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for and Politics or Journalism Student, 8 Jun 2012
Benjamon (Lincolnshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Essential Public Affairs for Journalists (Paperback)

It covers everything from Local Government to National Government, the EU to Devolution in N.Ireland, Scotland and Wales, NHS and the Treasury, NATO and United Nations.

It's always hard to study something when you know you are going to be examined in it, but Morrison writes in a clear and coherent manner which makes it easier. It covered everything that I was examined on and more, and was therefore the only book we needed for this module as opposed to other topics which required an extensive reading list.

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential Public Affairs, 28 Nov 2011
This review is from: Essential Public Affairs for Journalists (Paperback)
Useful book, worth buying for journalists. Clear and concise information. Probably quite handy for anyone who wants to study government and politics

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect course book., 28 July 2013
This review is from: Essential Public Affairs for Journalists (Paperback)
A brilliant product of really good quality, a reasonable price, easy simple transaction, arrived very quickly and would completely recommend. Perfect for journalism and law and politics students, full of plenty of information, good course book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 14 July 2013
This review is from: Essential Public Affairs for Journalists (Paperback)
Full of information and has a good layout. All of these books are great books for journalism students, are great for revision.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 25 Jan 2013
This review is from: Essential Public Affairs for Journalists (Paperback)
I'm in my first year of journalism and this book is perfect. It explains everything you need to know and it's easy to read.

1.0 out of 5 stars Treat this book with great caution, 10 Oct 2012
This review is from: Essential Public Affairs for Journalists (Paperback)
I bought this book primarily to augment my knowledge of a subject I knew something about already and was dismayed to discover that in this area it was full of errors. Since, by definition, I can't know whether this is also the case for those subjects of which I know little or nothing, I realised it simply wasn't fit for purpose as a reference book so had to return it. I therefore couldn't possibly recommend it.

Essential Public Affairs for Journalists
Essential Public Affairs for Journalists by James Morrison (Paperback - 31 Mar 2011)
Used & New from: £3.39