Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 October 2010
Ever since Paul O'Keeffe published his edition of the 1918 version (Black Sparrow Press, 1996) of Wyndham Lewis's novel 'Tarr' the scholarly community has been in need of a scholarly edition of Lewis's 1928 rewrite of the same novel.

Scott Klein's edition for OUP's World's Classics series answers that demand in fine style. An extensive and illuminating editorial introduction frames what is a comprehensively annotated and explicated version of a text that to date has only been available as an unedited Penguin text (besides its original publication by Chatto and Windus).

Without doubt required reading for Lewis enthusiasts, but more importantly, as Klein suggests here, for general readers too. By reading one of Lewis's most experimental contributions to the novel form, new and old Lewisians alike necessarily will gain a greater understanding of the modernist novel as a whole.
on 13 July 2013
As I mentioned in a previous review of Wyndham Lewis , it is a joy to own this book and I am glad I purchased it.
on 20 February 2015
A work of literary genius that I'm studying in my second year of University. The 3 star rating is in reference to the way the book was delivered to me... damaged and bent on both the front and back cover.

That said, Lewis could write!