Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 November 2014
So handy for children's homework time. Especially when looking for synonyms, antonyms and descriptive words. Very cheap too.
on 4 May 2011
I'm completely pleased with this purchase. It is an excellent dictionary+thesaurus as you don't have to use two different ones to look for definitions AND synonyms, which is always uncomfortable. That is great and exactly what I was looking for. It has the words I need and more, and the price is not too high. It's a really good value for price!
on 3 February 2011
My 9 year old started bringing home homework asking him for definitions of words. Our old dictionary was far to wordy and confusing so I bought this one for him instead. It is great. The definitions are clear and I love the thesaurus bit as it helps my son then put the word into context. Really easy to use, would throughly recommend.
on 30 January 2012
Very practical dictionary. The words are explained in a simple way. There are synonyms and antonyms for the words and notes how to write words correctly.
on 29 March 2010
I bought this dictionary as a replacement for a very outdated one (by 25 years!). It is good and I like the combined thesaurus. However, it seems to be missing some words/expressions I would have expected to find and the definitions are sometime too concise and missing alternate meaning/description. So a little disappointed but good overall. Bulky for a little book due to combining dictionary and thesaurus but difficult to avoid.
on 1 April 2016
Perfect for our 8 year old who is learning to use a dictionary. The more junior versions frustrated her as she usually couldn't find the words she needed. This is a good chunky dictionary that should last her for a while. The thesaurus is a definite plus. She is now more creative and ambitious in her descriptions of places, people and things. This is a good buy/investment and we definitely recommend it.
on 19 April 2014
It does what it says on the cover - but not very well. The dictionary is ok, but the thesaurus is not very good at all.
I am a big crossword fan and would use it to help me find the clues. Unfortunately after a few attempts at looking
for options, the book now remains on the shelf. I shall still use it for help in spelling words, but I am disappointed.
on 13 July 2010
The Oxford Paperback Dictionary and Thesaurus is cheap and cheerful and is invaluable for the crossword addict. This is my second one as the last one fell to bits. Therefore, do not force the book open, or the spine will break and the whole thing falls to bits. ( This was MY fault and not a complaint about the construction of the book!)
on 9 September 2013
I had a dictionary already, but wanted one with modern terms like 'bling' in it, with a definition. Useful with the two or three lines of Thesaurus to help again to define the word. Excellent paper back, more up to date than my existing dictionary, and reasonably priced, and good size to transport if I need to.
on 27 January 2016
What an excellent book. I bought it for my daughter who is preparing for her 11+ and she absolutely loves it. It serves comprehensively both the purpose of a dictionary and a thesaurus just as it says on the 'tin'. It is good enough to be used even at university level. Don't doubt it, grab it.