Format: Leather Bound|Change

on 20 December 2012
This is simply a masterpiece. The typography takes some getting use to for a modern reader, but I've found it worth the effort. It is especially good for reading out aloud. I particularly enjoy the fact that whilst reading I am continually aware that these are ancient documents I am reading, from a different time and culture. They are obviously much older than the 400 year old KJV, but until I can master the original Hebrew and Koine Greek, this does the job of reminding me not to bring my 21st century baggage to the text and to be ready for some background reading to understand what these words meant to the original hearers.
Definitely recommend this to anyone who enjoys the poetry of the KJV. It is big and heavy though, so you'll want a table to open it on whilst you read!
on 18 October 2011
I have bougght this bible for my husband as a Christmas present. When it arrived(in excellent condition) I couldn't stop looking at it myself. He loves the KJ version of the bible and this is all he likes PLUS. I thoroughly reccomend this item.
on 17 April 2012
Very pleased with this superb King James Anniversary Edition Holy Bible (KJV) it is a trough family air-loom (not for general usage "as it is hard to read"). Thanks "Churchwarden Tim"
on 1 August 2011
The origin of the books included in the Bible is a fascinating study in is own right, but the compiling and production of the Authorised Version - the King James Bible - leaves us with a record of what some call literally "The Word of God" and others take as the word of men about their ideas and experience of God. The book is fascinating from many points of view. The alluring beauty of the English, with its quaint (to us) spellings and its sheer poetry, and the tables which set out the church lectionary, the genealogy of Biblical figures, and perhaps most delightfully, the table headed "To finde Eafter for euer" - all contain their own areas of interest. What one makes of the meaning of the texts depends on one's attitude to the Jewish and Christian religions, but just to hold the book (it is heavy and not for reading in bed!!) is to hold a link with the country's and our society's historic past, not withstanding its 21st century production. It is a privilege to own the book.King James Bible: 400th Anniversary Edition (Bible Kjv)
on 28 June 2013
An excellent reproduction of the chosen tex. I would have preferred the earlier printing in black letter rather than this in modern Roman type.
on 12 November 2012
Great anniversary edition of the King James Bible. Worth buying as a collectors edition. Can't fault the binding or the quality.
on 13 February 2014
This version is beautifully presented to mark such a special milestone. It literally took my breath away when I received it. It has been finished to an extremely high quality and worth every penny. I felt honoured to have bought it as a gift for a loved one and they really appreciated it! Due to the gold embossed leaves, size and language this is not for every day use but it definitely worth having in your collection. I'm going to get one for myself!
on 2 July 2013
This addition of the King James Version of the Holy Bible is a great memorabilia for me and my family.
on 10 July 2014
Great product. The product is exactly as advertised. However, it can be a difficult to read for the untrained eye.
there was a minor misunderstanding with the delivery at first but the sellers had great customer care and redelivered the product within 24 hours.
I definitely recommend this product.
on 14 November 2013
No better way to enjoy the word of God than in this version. Certainly a version to enjoy in the comfort of your own home rather than on the go.

Thoroughly enjoying re-aquainting myself with the teachings of God and Jesus.