5.0 out of 5 stars Essential medical dictionary
Published on 22 Sep 2009 by Dr. A. Craig

3.0 out of 5 stars Bedside Frightener
Useful to draw on with health worries, internet used for wider information generally Nicely bound for family use in general
Published 5 months ago by J. Green

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential medical dictionary, 22 Sep 2009
I am a GP in a very busy practice, and we send many complex letters and reports daily. I searched the web for a useful online dictionary for my staff to access and found them all cumbersome. So I bought 4 of these wonderful clear and concise dictionaries for my medical secretaries - the money was very well spent. This book is so easy to use, very well laid out, and I have yet to find a word I need that is missing. A great bargain for the money - and robust enough to be thumbed over and over and over.

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB dictionary - buy it now!, 20 July 2008
This is an absolutely superb dictionary and it's 'colour' element really helps with finding entries and makes it all a little more interesting! Headings are all written in red with descriptions in black and there are a few illustrations - but only where necessary. Incidentally the 'hardback' is actually a soft, tactile, plastic which makes it lighter and somehow much more pleasing to hold! Would recommend this dictionary!

5.0 out of 5 stars wouldn't be without it, 5 Sep 2010
Su (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
It is a number of years since I had studied my human anatomy and physiology and medical health courses, but when I did them I had an early copy of this dictionary. My old faithful medical dictionary recently gave up the ghost and fell to pieces, and suddenly I found myself reaching for it to check the odd word and meaning and it wasn't there. I had to get a new one, I couldn't survive without it.

As with my previous copy I decided on the "hardback" version of the dictionary. In fact the "hardback" is a plasticized cover, the benefit of which is a feeling that the book is sturdier than the paperback with the bonus of protection from those spilt and splashed drinks.

I have yet to find any medical reference in life that I have been unable to discover in this dictionary, with the exception of doctors own personal abbreviations.

This is a book I can't be without. The definitions and diagrams are not overly complicated so it is perfect for both student, professional and lay person alike. It is definitely worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good resource, 18 Feb 2010
Miss Blair (Buckinghamshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this as a quick reference book for uni. It's been so useful. I think there was only one term that it failed me on, but when I found out the meaning it wasn't really something I'd have expected to find in a general medical dictionary anyway. The layout is good, a bit like language dictionaries, and makes it easier to find things when you're leafing through for about five words at once. It's got diagrams too (where appropriate). Good buy, especially for the price and the amount of use it gets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 23 Feb 2011
This review is from: Concise Colour Medical Dictionary (Oxford Paperback Reference) (Flexibound)
Let me just say that this medical dictionary is probably the only one you're ever going to need. I started using this a few weeks into a medical course as complicated, alien language is thrown at you by the bucket load. The typeface is clear and easy to navigate with helpful, coloured diagrams to aid understanding. It has served me well and won't be letting go of it any time soon! In my opinion, a must-buy...just makes your life easier in general and saves time searching through Wikipedia and Google (which are not always reliable, speaking from experience).

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 18 Jan 2011
I am a GP typist and find this very handy for looking up strange sounding words I don't recognise! Explanations are succinct and easy to understand. Highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy! Makes this student radiographer's life so much easier!, 14 Oct 2012
Misqué (North West, UK) - See all my reviews
Had this a while now, I bought it in my first year and to be honest I'll admit I didn't use it an awful lot other than for the one piece of work I had to do on naming masses of prefixes and suffixes and understanding a lot of given medical terminology. I never really had the need to use it for the rest of the first year but now a month into the second year I'm finding this book an absolute godsend!

I am using it pretty much every time I'm reading up on pathologies and sometimes for anatomy too. It's also extremely handy when I'm on placement like I am now because I note down terminology and pathologies that I've not come across or don't really know what they are. Some simple, some complex but this book is great at giving a quick and not overly- complicated overview of whatever it is you are looking up.

I certainly wouldn't want to be without this medical dictionary. If I remember rightly I bought this one over others because it had a bit of colour and is a bit prettier to look at. I find it easier to learn and remember things when colour is used rather than black and white so I think it was worth the extra few pounds I think I spent. Very happy student here!

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 3 Oct 2011
Product arrived on time and as advertised. An excellent book at an excellent price. Just what i needed for my new job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought to aid with university and placement, 6 Jan 2011
Lovely dictionary, very reasonably priced, received quickly and referred to often whilst on a physical placement! Contains many common and also rare medical conditions and the definitions are clear. Also, gives references to other places to look such as related websites. The cover is a thin plastic type meaning the dictionary is quite hard wearing to carry around. Would definitely recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the size, 20 Nov 2009
Good for the size. has all the necessary information you would expect to find and its in a handy size. Still not quite small enough to not notice you are carrying it but much better than a large one.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Concise Colour Medical Dictionary (Oxford Paperback Reference)
Concise Colour Medical Dictionary (Oxford Paperback Reference) by Elizabeth A. Martin (Flexibound - 25 Feb 2010)